MID-ATLANTIC FEDERAL CREDIT UNION

Document Sample
MID-ATLANTIC FEDERAL CREDIT UNION Powered By Docstoc
					                                MARYVALE PTA MEETING MINUTES
                                        JUNE 22, 2006
                                     J. REID RESIDENCE
                                  GERMANTOWN, MARYLAND

In Attendance: M. Beatty, F. Domaas, K. Furr, B. Kawamura, C. Kemp, A-M Kim, D. McGovern, Dr.
Newsome, J. Reid, M. Shraim, P. Steimel, J. Suzich, K. Teich, L. Veresh.

The meeting convened at 7:34 pm.
New Business

      A. Dates for Leadership Team and General Meetings
      General meetings will alternate between 4 pm and 7 pm meetings:
                 September 5 at 7 pm
                 October 3 at 4 pm
                 January 2 at 7 pm
                 April 10 at 4 pm
                  May 1 at 7 pm.


PTA Board and Committee meetings:
                 August 30 at 1:30 pm
                  September 29 at 7 pm
                  November 8 at 1:30 pm
                  December 1 at 7 pm
                  January 10 at 1:30 pm
                  February 2 at 7 pm
                  March 7 at 1:30 pm
                  April 13 at 7 pm
                  May 9 at 1:30 pm
                  June 1 at 7 pm.

      B. Immediate Needs
      Thursday August 24, 2006, the PTA will host a back-to–school lunch for the staff. Volunteers are
      needed to get and deliver the food. Please contact Anne Simcox.
      An Ice Cream Social/PTA membership drive/Job Fair will be held on Friday, September 15, 2006,
      from 6:30 pm-8 pm. Committee chairs will be asked to „man their table‟ to answer questions about
      their committee and explain their volunteer needs to parents. Please mark your calendar.
      Volunteers are needed for Ice Cream social; please contact Kathy Furr.



      C. Volunteers


                                                  0
      Committee Goal and Volunteer Request forms were passed out. Please fill out and return by paper
      or electronically to A. Simcox or Kavita Dawson by August 15th.
      Volunteers are needed for the first day of school to help new students and their parents at at „Kiss
      n‟ Cry‟ at 9:30 a.m on August 28th. New parents will be invited to the Kiss‟n Cry in the summer
      mailing. It is desiged to allow new parents a place to go after dropping their new student off at their
      classroom. The PTA will offer coffee/ donuts and will do a brief presentation welcoming all new
      parents.

      D. 2006-7 PTA Focus – Working Document
      The group reviewed this document. Please give any comments to J. Reid.

      E. Media Center Requests
      F. Domaas presented a request from the Media Center Team for the PTA to fund:
           guest storytellers and children‟s authors/illustrators to visit Maryvale, separate from Cultural
             Arts programs. The group agreed hiring storytellers and authors would be a good thing,
             but is not ready to discuss allocating money for this until a specific proposal is presented.
           “Truck Day” where an ambulance, fire truck, delivery truck and the like come to school for a
             day. The group felt the activity may be too „young‟ for the students but is willing to look at a
             proposal.
           The librarian asked for donations of digital cameras with 3 megapixels or greater.

      F. Executive Member Assignments to Committees
      The list was distributed which assigned all committees and projects to Executive Board members.
      All projects and committees were assigned to a voting Executive Board member so all have a
      communications point person on the Board.

      G. Budget and 2005-6 Survey Results
      Copies were distributed. Please provide feedback to J. Reid. The group discussed which PTA-
      sponsored events, such as basketball night, should be continued. A consensus was not reached
      but a date of January 25th, 2007 was agreed upon with the event TBA.
      The calendar will be change forms next year. Each month, in conjunction with the Cougar, a
      calendar of events for the following month will be included in the Cougar. This allows for more
      accurate dates and reduces the likelihood of publicizing dates that change. In order to allow
      parents to plan for the following year, a list of „firm‟ dates of events will be listed in the school
      directory. Lisa Cohen will be working on the directory and needs assistance.

II. Adjournment
Motion by Kawamura to adjourn at 9:40 pm.
Respectfully submitted,
      B. Kawamura, Secretary
             J. Reid, A-M Kim – Co Presidents




                                                      1