Financial Planning Committee
Date October 16, 2008
Financial Planning Committee Meeting
• MAA Update
• MAA Timeline
• MAA Issues For Discussion
• What We Need From You
• Invoice Review
• 2009 Financial Planning Committee Meeting
1. August 30, 2008
Provide Agency Personnel List (Identified Participants Only)
and submit updates as deemed necessary by 08/30/08
2. October 02, 2008
• Participants attended MAA Training
3. October 16, 2008
• Discussion with Financial Planning Committee
4. October 17, 2008
• Participate in MAA Make-up Training (WebEx)
• Time: 10:00am – 12:00 pm
5. November 15, 2008
• Submit completed Time Studies by November 15th
MAA Issues for Discussion
1. Participants do not keep time card information on a daily basis.
a) Need to keep a log or daily worksheet.
b) Participants should record time daily.
2. Time sheet and time study does not match.
• Time studies are being filled out and turned in with no consideration of actual
vacation days or sick days.
• People are filling out the time study as if they were present.
• No review by agency supervisors and no reconciliation by the agency accounting
3. Lead agency Program Coordinators/managers do not include project planning or
system of care process improvement time in the time study.
a) LAOT Meetings
b) System of Care meeting
c) Partnership meetings
d) MDT meeting
e) Finance Council meetings
f) Supervisor of staff meetings
4. Submission of the time study on the due date.
a) Time study should be submitted to Finance by November 7th for your
b) Final Time study should be submitted to FIRST 5 by November 15.
What we need from you
• Integrate Program and Fiscal responsibilities into
the MAA business process
• Collaborate with Agency MAA contact to ensure
Time Studies are in progress
• Review completed Time Studies against Time
sheets to ensure accuracy
• Coordinate with Agency contact to ensure
accuracy and timely submissions of MAA
FUTURE YEAR SUSTAINABILITY
FIRST 5 can continue to support your agency contracts in the
As long as you can continue to help us leverage our funding.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR DEDICATION
• December 18, 2008 (TBD)
Medi-Cal Administrative Activities
• What is MAA ?
– MAA stands for Medi-Cal Administrative
Activities. MAA reimburses providers for the
administrative activities that directly support
efforts to identify and enroll potential eligibles
into the Medi-Cal program and assist with
access to Medi-Cal covered services.
• What kind of activities are reimbursed?
– Outreach, Facilitating Applications, Translation,
Translation, Transportation, Program Planning.
• Grow contract value
• Maintain current funding
• Time study – Extremely
important CONTRACT AWARDS
• Maximize and grow
FUTURE YEAR SUSTAINABILITY
What are the criteria for participation?
• Are you billing FIRST 5?
• Are your funded activities claimable under MAA?
• MAA Tag went out in August 07.
• MAA requirements defined in Contract scope of
work and contract boilerplate.
Who Participates in MAA ?
• Family Partners and Supervisor
• Community Engagement Staff and Supervisor
• Lead Agencies
– Program Coordinators
– Program Managers
– Executive Directors as appropriate