New Student Registration News
Please note the following information regarding the registration of students
who will be NEW to Westwood for the 2008-2009 school year. Share it
with anyone you know who may have children who will be attending
Westwood next year. We need your help to get children registered early to plan
for the new year.
Kindergarten Round-up (Students must be 5 years old by September 1, 2008)
Special registration for students who will be NEW Kindergarten students
next year will be Thursday, May 1, 5:00 - 7:00 p.m. in the Westwood
Open Registration for all NEW K-3 Students
Beginning Monday, May 5, you may register between 8:00 - 12:00 p.m. on the following dates:
May 5-9, 12-16, 19-23, June 2-5, 9-12
Registration will resume August 5, 2008. Come to the main entrance and register in the
The following Documents are required for registration:
• Proof of Residency (utility bill showing name and current date, i.e., light bill, water
bill gas bill, lease contract, closing papers).
• If you are building in FISD or residing with relatives or other persons having a legal
residence in FISD, you must acquire the proper documentation from our
administration office to show proof of residency.
* Original Birth Certificate (NO hospital certificate)
* Child’s Social Security Card
* Previous Report Card (does not apply to Kindergarten students)
* Driver License of Parents/Guardians
* Immunization Records - the following immunizations are required by the State of
4 doses DPT/DTaP last one on or after 4th birthday
3 doses Polio last one on or after 4th birthday
2 doses MMR both after the 1st birthday
3 doses Hepatitis B if born on or after 9/2/92
1 Varicella (Chicken Pox) vaccine or documentation of illness if born
Registering your child now is essential for us to plan for next year!
See Kindergarten Readiness Information on Back