Position: Assistant Manager
Reports to: Restaurant Manager
Payroll Class: Hourly
Revision Date: November 18, 2008
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The purpose of the position is to assist the manager in the effective and smooth
operation of the store; including supporting the management agenda of increasing
sales, developing an effective staff, and controlling costs.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF POSITION
1. Reinforce the manager's key staff points such as the “10-steps to service” and
completion of shift duties.
2. Identify yourself as the “assistant manager”.
3. Complete assigned managerial duties each day and week.
4. Communicate any open issues to the manager.
5. Prepare a daily status report or walkthrough report.
6. Assist at least monthly with “Monday morning" activities.
7. Attend periodic meetings.
8. Take periodic on call duty plus for manager vacations or leaves of absence.
Such on-call duty requires the assistant manager to find an adequate
replacement or work the shift if a replacement cannot be located.
9. Work on average at least one alternative shift each week and other
unscheduled hours on an emergency and shall not unreasonably refuse.
10. Other duties as assigned.
· Excellent attendance record and demonstration of superior server/cook skills
· Full knowledge of Employee Handbook, Security Document, Server/cook
Procedures Manual and Bare Hand Contact & Food Safety Manual
· Leadership qualities
· Trainer Cerification
· Leadership I & II
· State of Wisconsin ServSafe Certification
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF POSITION
· In addition to the physical demands of a server/cook position
· Additional Hand tasks: Computer keyboard entry
Page 1 of 2
JUDGMENT AND DECISION MAKING
· Continually demonstrate good judgment and quality workmanship.
· Seeks guidance and direction when necessary in the performance of duties.
· Able to work in an independent manner.
RELATIONSHIP WITH OTHERS
Takes a leadership role.
· Is able to control emotions, lead people and deal with different personality
· Openly communicates with employees and the manager at all times.
· Has patience to explain, teach and follow-up.
MEASUREMENT OF PERFORMANCE
· Dependability in completing work
· Accuracy of Work
· Employee training and development
· Professionalism/Business Attitude
· Responsiveness to pager/on-call
Acknowledgment of Receiving Job Description
I understand the foregoing essential functions of the position and agree to
perform the job as stated.
Date: Employee Signature:
Page 2 of 2