Help with Transportation
Who gets help with transportation?
• If your child is on Medicaid and receiving outpatient medical care at UNC
• If you have no way of getting to UNC Hospital.
• If you have a car, but you can’t afford the gas to drive to your appointments at
How do I get it?
• You must contact your local social services agency, who let you know if you
• Call your local agency as soon as you know your appointment date. Sometimes it
takes a long time to set up the plans.
What kind of transportation is it?
• It depends on your local agency and your child’s medical needs.
• Make sure to tell your agent of any special needs of you and your child.
What if I have a vehicle, but I cannot afford the gas to get to UNC Hospital?
• You must contact your local social services agency to ask for gas vouchers. They
will decide if you qualify. Written proof of your visit must be given to your
• If you qualify, you can pick up gas vouchers at most local gas stations.
Your prenatal care specialist can help you find your local agency.