ISTQB CERTIFIED TESTER
This ISTQB Software Testing Foundation Certificate course provides students with understanding of industry standard testing principles and terminology. The real life examples and case studies also support practical application of the learning outcomes. The course helps students prepare for the certification exam that is set, moderated, and marked by ISTQB. The Foundation Certificate is awarded to those who pass a written one hour multiple-choice exam.
Course Duration 3 days Prerequisites Basic understanding of manual testing and SDLC Course Level Intermediate
This course follows the ISTQB syllabus covering key process areas of software testing. As the course is designed to help students prepare for the ISTQB Certification exam, each chapter also includes quizzes with sample questions and students take a mock exam on the last day of the course.
• Fundamentals of testing • Lifecycle testing • Static techniques • Test design techniques • Test management • Tool support for testing • Preparing for the ISTQB exam
• Practical and Essential Testing Techniques (3 days) • Building Effective Test Strategies (2 days) • Risk Based Testing (1 day) • Introduction to Mercury Quick Test Pro (2 days) • Advanced Mercury Quick Test Pro (2 days) • Software Testing Requirements Using Quality Center (1 day) • Excellence in Microsoft Excel (2 days) • Comprehensive Project Control with MS Project (2 days), 14 PDU’s • Project Management Excellence (4 days), 28 PDU’s • Managing Risk (2 days), 14 PDU’s
• Software Testers • Test Team Leaders
A basic understanding of manual test methods and the SDLC is advantageous.
Course Materials Provided Include:
• A copy of the Foundations of Software Testing • Presentation materials • Exercises, quizzes and solutions • Logon ID to course discussion forum
• Comprehensive workbook including sample test documentation
Three (3) days duration. Course will run from 9.00 am to 5.00 pm each day with short breaks for lunch, morning and afternoon refreshments.
• Managing Cost (2 days), 14 PDU’s • Controlling Changes (2 days), 14 PDU’s • Stakeholder Management (1 day), 7 PDU’s
www.absolutelearning.com.au Level 1, 432 Kent Street, Sydney. NSW. 2000. Australia - tel: +61 2 9261 8500 - fax: +61 2 9261 0288