PUBLIC, LEGISLATIVE AFFAIRS, AND WATER RESOURCES
INLAND EMPIRE UTILITIES AGENCY'
REGIONAL PLANT NO.1, ONTARIO, CA
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 8, 2009
COMMITTEE MEMBERS PRESENT
John Anderson, Director
Richard W. Atwater, Chief Executive Officer/General Manager
Martha Davis, Executive Manager of Policy Development
Tom love, Executive Manager of Engineering
Dean Martin, Chief Financial Officer
Patrick Sheilds, Executive Manager of Operations
Pari Dezham, Manager of Pretreatment and Source Control
Sondra Elrod, Public Information Officer
Liz Hurst, Community Outreach and Education Coordinator II
Marv Shaw, Manager of Planning and Water Resources
April Woodruff, Board Secretary
The meeting was called to order at 9:00 a.m. There were no pUblic comments received or
additions to the agenda.
• Approved the March 11, 2009, Public, legislative Affairs, and Water Resources
Committee meeting minutes.
• Recommended that the Board authorize the Agency to approve the following
positions on State legislative issues:
1. Support AS 13 (Salas) -- Sacramento- San Joaquin Delta Conservancy
2. Support AS 410 (De la Torre) -- Integrated Regional Water Management Plan
3. Support AS 474 (Slumenfield) -- Contractual Assessments: Water Efficiency
4. Support AS 804 (Hall) -- Invasive Species: Mussels
5. Support AS 900 (Deleon) -- Water Diversions
6. Support AS 1061 (Lieu) - Common Interest Development: Water Efficient
7. Support SS 26 (Simitian) - Home Generated Pharmaceutical Waste
Public, Legislative Affairs, and Water Resources Committee
April 8, 2009
8. Support SB 407 (Padilla) - Plumbing Fixtures: High Water Use
9. Oppose SB 802 (Leno) Public Contracts - Retention Proceeds
10. Support AB 560 (Skinner) New Energy Metering
as a Consent Calendar Item on the April 15, 2009, Board meeting agenda.
The following information items were presented, received and filed by the Committee:
• Public Outreach and Communications Report
• Garden in Every School FY 2009/10 Program
• Legislative Report from Dolphin Group
• Legislative Report from Innovative Federal Strategies, LLC
• Legislative Report from Geyer and Associates
• Legislative Report from Agricultural Resources
• Water Resources and Conservation Programs Monthly Report
• Chino Basin Groundwater Recharge Master Plan Update
• MWD's 2009 Integrated Resource Plan (IRP) and Drought/Water Rates Update
COMMITTEE MEMBER COMMENTS
There were no comments.
COMMITTEE MEMBER REQUEST FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS
There were no requested future agenda items.
With no further business, the meeting adjourned at 10:00 a.m.
•A Municipal Water District
APPROVED: MAY 13, 2009