What is Storytelling?
1. Name the four elements that help define storytelling as an art form.
2. What is the purpose of the audience?
3. What is the relationship between the story, the teller, and the audience?
4. What is the importance of images in storytelling?
5. How does the analogy of “Story as Floor Plan” work to help explain what storytellers
do when they tell stories?
6. Where do storytellers get their stories?
7. Where do storytellers tell stories?
8. How are storytelling and story writing different?
9. What are the differences between storytelling and theatre?
10. How do Eddie Lenihan and Marilyn Torres bridge traditional and modern
Note: Please make sure these reflection questions are on a separate page.
1. What is the most important thing you’ve learned in this chapter?
2. What questions do you have? Is there a topic on which you need more information
or further clarification?
3. Which of the quotes above best captures your emerging understanding of storytelling