Day and Night Sky
By Tabitha Davis
Arnold Mill Elementary
Understanding Statement or Essential Question: How do we tell the
difference between the day and night sky?
Introduction: Have you ever looked up at the night sky? It has many
interesting things out there. Do you wonder if these things are seen in
the daytime sky? Let’s find out what is really in the sky in the daytime
Answer the questions below by visiting the sites. Click on the words in
blue to get to each website. Have fun!
1. What is in the sky in the day? Find the word day.
2. Name 4 things you see in the day sky.
3. Tell one fact about the sun.
4. What is in the sky at night? Find the word night.
5. Name 4 things you see in the night sky.
6. How does the sky change from day to night?
7. What must occur to change day into night? Play the movie.
8. What do you notice about the stars in each of seasons? Click on each season
to see the stars.
Putting It All Together: Now that you have learned all about the day and
night sky, please complete the T-chart. Draw items that you will see in
the daytime and items you will see in the nighttime.