MCTS: Windows Server 2008 Active Directory, Network
Infrastructure and Applications Infrastructure Configuration Boot
Camp (3 Certifications)
Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) certifications on Windows Server 2008 demonstrate an IT
professional's in-depth, current skills on Active Directory, Network Infrastructure, or Applications
Infrastructure. Earn these three MCTS certifications so that you can be recognized for specialized technical
knowledge and stand out to hiring managers as ready to excel in a Windows Server 2008 environment.
The release of Windows Server 2008 is generating a growing worldwide demand for skilled IT professionals
who can support this new Windows Server operating system.
The 20 day boot camp covers Active Directory and Network Infrastructure, deploy and configure, for exams
70-640 and 642. The last 2 days cover the Applications Platform, IIS and Terminal Server, exam 70-643.
These are all MCTS level exams
The boot camp prepares you to earn three distinct MCTS certifications:
MCTS: Windows Server 2008 - Active Directory Configuration (Exam 70-640)
MCTS: Windows Server 2008 - Network Infrastructure Configuration (Exam 70-642)
MCTS: Windows Server 2008 - Application Platform Configuration (Exam 70-643)
IT Professionals who already possess MCSE on Windows Server 2003, can attempt Technology Specialist
Exam 70-649 after attending this course to achieve the three MCTS certifications listed above.
Relating this to the previous MCSA/MCSE certification is as follows:
IT Professionals who already possess MCSA on Windows Server 2003, can attempt Technology Specialist
Exam 70-648 after attending the first five days to achieve the MCTS certifications for Active Directory and
Network Infrastructure Configuration.
Upon completing this boot camp course, students can achieve MCITP: Server Administrator or MCITP:
Enterprise Administrator certifications.
Courses Offered in this Package
6425+6426+6421: Configuring and Troubleshooting Active Directory Domain Services, Identity and
Access Management & Network Infrastructure in Windows Server 2008 - Boot Camp (13 days + 1
day test prep)
6427+6428: Configuring and Troubleshooting Internet information 7.0 & Terminal Services Servers
in Windows Server 2008 - Boot Camp (5 days+1 day test prep)
Free Skill Assessment
At St. Edward’s , we want you to succeed. To ensure your success we require all students to take a
mandatory, FREE skill assessment test. The test is an objective measure of your current skills and
determines whether you will be able to meet your goals by attending this intensive boot camp with
your current skill set. Should we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order
to gain the most value from our accelerated boot camp, we will tell you so immediately. We will also
recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to prepare for the boot camp.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
1. all the students in the class are at a comparable skill and knowledge level
2. allows the class to run smoothly without beginners slowing everyone else in the class
3. ensures high success rates for our boot camps and
4. helps us stay committed to providing you real value. We will register you only if you have the skills to
succeed in this accelerated learning environment.
Note that the assessment is for your benefit. It is best taken without any preparation or reference materials,
so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE skill assessment test.
Boot Camp Benefits
• Instructor-led Training -- Learn from an expert certified instructor. Our expert instructors have years of
real world experience, as well as, in teaching. A large majority of our instructors are also part-time IT
consultants and provide solutions to a wide variety of companies.
• High Quality Courseware -- Learn using the best courseware -- directly from Microsoft. We use official
Microsoft curriculum for our training.
• All inclusive, no hassle pricing -- Our Boot Camps are an all inclusive package that help you learn and
understand the concepts, prepare for and take the exams. You focus on learning, while we take care of
breakfast, vouchers, testing and if you require, travel.
• Up to 3 Test Vouchers – This Boot Camp includes up to three test vouchers for use during the boot
camp, at no additional cost.
• Certification Assurance Policy (CAP) -- We are confident of the quality of our Boot Camp. Please see
our CAP section below for details.
• The best test preparation software -- Software from leading test-prep provider is included for all exams
at no extra charge.
• Refreshments -- Breakfast, snacks, freshly-brewed coffee, tea and water are available throughout the day.
. Our training facilities are located within short driving distance of several eateries and restaurants, or use
our in house deli.
• Skills Assessment – We make sure that all of our students have the correct prerequisites.
• Up to 20 days of complete-immersion and distraction-free training – Includes over 140 hours of
lectures, hands on labs, topic reviews, test preparation and testing.
• Testing at Training Site -- Convenience is the key. You don't have to find and schedule your test with
an authorized testing center. St. Edward’s is an authorized testing center and you can take the test as soon
as you are ready.
• Optional Travel Package (Hotel and Air) – St. Edward’s offers a travel package featuring round trip
airfare to Austin (Max $350) and deluxe accommodations at a nearby hotel .
• 70-642 : TS: Windows Server 2008 Network Infrastructure, Configuring
• 70-640 : TS: Windows Server 2008 Active Directory, Configuring
• 70-643 : TS: Windows Server 2008 Applications Infrastructure, Configuring
Certification Assurance Policy (CAP)
If you are not able to attain all certifications during the boot camp, you can attend the boot camp again within a period of one year, if
it is still being offered and has availability. To attend, simply retain your course materials. You will need to pay for test vouchers and
optional travel. If the courseware has changed, you must purchase the latest material. CAP would not apply if the class you want to
retake is for a different certification.
MCTS Boot Camp Program
Course Title Dates
6425 Configuring, & Troubleshooting Windows Server 2008 Active
Directory Domain Services Apr. 6-10
6426 Configuring .and Troubleshooting Identity & Access Solutions
w/Windows Server 2008 AD
Exam: 70-640 - Windows Server 2008 Active Directory,
6421 Configuring & Troubleshooting a Windows Sever 2008 Network
Infrastructure. Apr. 20-23
Exam: 70-642 - Windows Server 2008 Network Infrastructure, Includes test prep day
Configuring Apr. 24 Test
Includes test prep day
6427 Configuring and Troubleshooting Internet Information Services Apr. 27-29
in Windows Server 2008
6428 Configuring and Troubleshooting Windows Server 2008 Terminal
Services Apr. 30-May 1
Exam: 70-643: Windows Server 2008 Applications May 4 Test Prep
Infrastructure, Configuring May 5 Test
Includes: Official MS Courses 6425, 6426, 6421, 13 days Instructor- led training, 2 ProMetric Test
Vouchers, Test Prep Software, 1 day Test Prep Session, Lab access until 9:00 p.m. each day of class.
List Price: $7339.00 Your Price: $5199.00 Total Savings: $2180.00
Includes: Official MS Courses 6425, 6426, 6421,6427, 6428 , 18 days Instructor- led training, 3 ProMetric
Test Vouchers, Test Prep Software, 2 day Test Prep Session, Lab access until 9:00 p.m. each day of class.
List Price: $10,780.00 Your Price: $6995.00 Total Savings: $3785.00