How To Draw A Horse Head
Here is a simple horse head that you can draw. It's a simple horse head and very easy,
and if you practice it, you can draw this horse in just a few seconds. I used to love to
draw this little horse head next to my name in all my friends' yearbooks at school when
we signed our names in them.
First, you just draw a straight line. Start at
about the middle of where you want the horse
drawing to end up, and draw down to the left.
2. Next, draw the horse's muzzle and chin by
making an arc down to the right.
3. The jaw is just an easy short line.
4. Make an almost half circle for the cheek.
Notice that the start of the cheek is almost
exactly below the starting point above it on the
5. Now you are ready for the ears. Draw the
first one in two strokes like this
6. Then do the other ear peeking out from
behind the first ear. Not all of it will be showing.
7. Add a few strokes for the forelock
8. Now you're ready for the eye, nostril and
mouth. I like to draw a more cartoon looking
mouth so that I can show expression. You may
prefer to draw a more realistic one that is not
9. Next, Draw the crest of the neck. Make a
long sweeping arc.
10. Then add the throat latch
11. Finish with a whispy mane. You could also
make the mane flowing away from the neck by
pointing it upward as if the horse were running,
or in a breeze.
Have fun drawing this horse head. Next I will show you how to draw the whole body.