How to connect to Gateway using SSH
1. Open PuTTY.
2. In the Host Name box type in “gateway.murdoch.edu.au”
3. Make sure that the SSH box is selected and then press ‘Open’
4. A black window will open.
5. If you get a PuTTY Security Alert select ‘Yes’
6. Login with your student number and password.
• After you have entered your student number the Gateway logo
will appear and you enter your password under the Gateway
• When you type in your password, the cursor will flash but NOT
move and it will look like you are not typing anything. After you
have typed your password, press the enter key.
• If you have entered your password correctly you will get the
‘Welcome to gateway’ message and how long you have been
7. You must keep the window open (you can minimize the window) whilst
you are connected to the external internet.
8. When you wish to disconnect your Gateway session, maximise the
window and press enter.