How to Configure the D-Link DWL-G700AP Access Point
1. For this device you initially start with your computer directly connected to the access
point with an Ethernet cable. You will have to set a specific IP in your computer in order
to communicate with the access point for configuration. Follow the setup instructions
provided with the unit for this. Use the addresses recommended in the manual which
may vary from those in this example.
The setup instructions will guide you through configuration. You connect to the access
point via your web browser by entering the specified IP address into the address bar.
Then login using the username and password provided with your access point
2. This will connect you into the configuration area of the access point as shown below.
Click Run Wizard button to begin the setup.
3. Set a new password if you like.
4. Then set your access point’s SSID. We recommend using the room location.
6. Some sort of wireless security is desirable. In this example we’ll configure WEP.
Select WEP from the drop-downs menu and ender a 10 digit key. Remember the key
because you will use it later to establish your connection.
7. Then hit the restart button to save your settings and restart the access point.
8. At this point the access point is configured. Disconnect the cable that connects the
access point to your computer. Connect the data jack in your room to the access point so
that it will be on the network.
9. Now open up your wireless settings and locate your wireless device name in the list
and highlight it. (Wireless must be enabled on your computer to do this) You can either
double-click on it or click the Connect button. You will then be prompted to enter the
WEP Key you generated earlier.
10. Now you’re connected to your wireless access point!
11. Set your computer’s LAN IP back to DHCP (automatic) so the wired connection will
work when you use it again.