Biology Chapter 8: Photosynthesis Name:
Ms. Hendrick Chapter 9: Cellular Respiration Period:
REMEMBER: Incomplete work will receive a ZERO
Your packet MUST be in the order below or it will receive a ZERO!
*1 point Extra Credit for any worksheets with a * that you print off the website yourself!
# Homework Date due
1 Ch. 8 Guided Reading Worksheet 10
2 8-2 Worksheet* 5
3 8-3 Worksheet* 5
4 9-1 Worksheet* 5
5 9-2 Worksheet* 5
6 8-1 Key Concepts 2
7 8-2 Key Concepts 2
8 8-3 Key Concepts 2
9 9-1 Key Concepts 2
10 9-2 Key Concepts 2
11 Chapter 8 Vocabulary Review WS (Extra Credit) (10)
12 Chapter 9 Vocabulary Review WS (Extra Credit) (10)
13 Warm-Ups 2 pts each
14 Notes 10
15 Chapter 8-9 Essential Questions 20
16 Ch. 8 – 9 Dictionary 20
Photosynthesis Online Lab
QuickLab: Exercise and Carbon Dioxide
Ch 8 Quiz
Ch. 8 & 9 Test
CA STANDARDS YOU WILL LEARN IN CH’S 8 & 9:
1. The fundamental life processes of plants and animals depend on a variety of chemical reactions that occur
in specialized areas of the organism’s cells.
_____ f. Students know usable energy is captured from sunlight by chloroplasts and is stored through the synthesis
of sugar from carbon dioxide.
_____ g. Students know the role of the mitochondria in making stored chemical-bond energy available to cells by
completing the breakdown of glucose to carbon dioxide.
Chapter 8-9 Key Concepts and Vocabulary:
8.1 8.2 8.3 9.1 9.2
Key Concepts Key Concepts Key Concepts Key Concepts Key Concepts
1) What did the
1) Where do plants get experiments of van 1) What happens in the
1) What is Cellular 1) What happens during
the energy they need to Helmont, Priestley, and light-dependent
Respiration? the Krebs Cycle?
produce food? Inenhousz reveal about reactions?
how plants grow?
2) How are high-energy
2) What is the role of 2) What is the overall 2) What happens during
2) What is the Calvin electrons used by the
ATP in cellular equation for the process of
Cycle? electron transport
activities? photosynthesis? glycolysis?
3) What is the role of 3) What are the two
Vocabulary light and chlorophyll in Vocabulary main types of Vocabulary
Autotroph Vocabulary Thylakoid Vocabulary Aerobic
Heterotroph Photosynthesis* Photosystem Calorie Krebs Cycle
Adenosine Triphosphate Electron Transport
Pigment Stroma Glycolysis
Chlorophyll NADP+ Cellular Respiration*
ATP Synthase Fermentation
Calvin Cycle Anaerobic
Ch. 8-9 Essential Questions:
ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS ON A SEPARATE SHEET OF PAPER!
1. What is the point of photosynthesis? (Why does 6. Where in the chloroplast does the Calvin Cycle (light-
photosynthesis happen?) independent) reactions take place? What is the product
of these reactions?
2. Write the formula for photosynthesis both in chemical
format and word format. 7. What would happen if a plant were put into a dark
closet? Describe what would happen for both the
3. What is required in order for photosynthesis to take light-dependent reactions, and the light-independent
4. What are the products of photosynthesis? Which one
8. What is the point of Cellular Respiration? (Why does
is a waste product? Which product is used or stored
cellular respiration happen?)
by the plant cell?
9. Write the formula for Cellular Respiration both in
5. Where in the chloroplast do the light-dependent
chemical format and in word format.
reactions of photosynthesis take place? What are the
products of the light-dependent reactions? 10. What organelle is involved in cellular respiration?
11. Compare and contrast Photosynthesis and Cellular