The History of Lincoln Middle School by historyman

VIEWS: 0 PAGES: 1

									        The History of Lincoln Middle School
Lincoln Middle School was built in 1929 and was named after
Abraham Lincoln, the sixteenth President of the United States.
The school was built for a total cost of $511,375.

In 1993, a 35,000 square foot addition was added to the
building. Included in the addition were improved cafeteria and
library areas, as well as several classrooms. The parking lot
was also expanded. The original building and the addition
provide approximately 234,000 square feet on a 2.6 acre site.
The cost of the addition and remodeling of the original building
was approximately $7,000,000. In 2000, two adjacent houses were
purchased and razed to create additional parking lot space for a
total cost of $200,000.

                      Lincoln Middle School
                         6729-18th Avenue
                        Kenosha, WI 53143
                          (262) 653-6296

								
To top