AXIOM Quick Reference Guide
Welcome to AXIOM—your online personal assistant
AXIOM is an innovative online procurement tool from American Express Business Travel that allows you to make your travel
reservations, ship a package, set up a Web or phone conference and more, all from the same site. It’s fast and easy to use,
allowing you to spend less time making reservations and more time doing the things you need to do. Some of the user-friendly
Easy access to personal information: Your profile information
along with the details of all of the services you’ve booked using
AXIOM are clearly accessible from the Home page, offering you at-a-
glance access to the status of the services you have booked.
Seamless calendar integration: Details of all bookings made and
services requested are automatically integrated to your calendar to
save time and give you easy access to the information you need.
Notification of schedule changes: AXIOM’s notification feature can
send up to the minute status on the flights you have booked,
packages you have shipped and other services you have reserved.
Getting Connected and Logging In
1. Connect to the Internet and enter the URL provided by your company.
2. Save this address as a “Favorite” or “Bookmark” in your browser. Click Create an Account and then enter your name and
e-mail address and specify a Username and Password to use for future access.
3. You will then receive an e-mail from American Express Business Travel with instructions on how to complete the
Important! Be sure to set up your secret question that allows you to reset your password in case you forget
1. Click the Settings tab at the top of the page to update your personal
information. Make sure the information stored in AXIOM is up to date to
avoid potential issues or delays in processing your reservations
2. From here you can update your Addresses, Charge Card information
and other necessary information needed to begin using AXIOM.
3. Be sure to click Save at the bottom of each screen to save your
1. Click the Display Options link to specify date and time settings and also to determine for how long past requests should
be visible to you (3, 6 or 12 months).
2. Setting up your Notifications allows you to receive updates via email or text message on the status of your flights,
packages shipped and other services booked using AXIOM. You can specify the frequency and timing of notifications. You
can also specify the times when you don’t want to receive notifications.
3. Click the Delegate Access link if you book travel or arrange services on behalf of others-or want to grant access to others
to book services on your behalf. From there you can choose either Assign someone to book services for me or Allow
me to book services for someone else.
1. The Services Preferences section allows you to specify Travel, Shipping and Conferencing preferences that will be pre-
populated when you request those services. You can specify vendor preferences for air, car and hotel, seat preferences,
departure airport, default sender address when shipping a package, default packaging type and more.
AXIOM is the easy way to make your business travel reservations
Using AXIOM to make your business travel reservations is easy
and provides you convenience, comfort and control:
Offers convenience of making reservations 24x7, in the office
or on the road using a single log in and password
Supplies you comfort with access to airline seat maps, hotel
amenity information, destination information, restaurant
ratings and more
Allows you more control by offering you access to your
company’s negotiated rates for a full range of business
Making your Travel Reservation
1. From the Services page click the Travel link and then click
Plan a Trip
2. Enter your destination information along with your dates and desired flight times.
Helpful tip! Check Find flights from nearby airports to view options from multiple airports
3. Choose whether to include a Hotel or Rental Car in your trip
4. Choose More Search Options under Hotel to specify up to three
amenities you are looking for in a hotel—only hotels with those
specific amenities will be displayed
5. Click Search to view available flight options
6. Flights can be sorted by price, flight time or by departure time. Click
Seats to view available seats before making your selection.
7. Click Select to book your flights. Selecting flight options outside of
your company’s policy may require you to justify your selection.
8. Available hotels can be sorted by price, company preference or by
distance from a reference point.
9. Clicking Show Amenities offers details on specific amenities
available. Click Show Rates to view available rates and room
10. Click Select to add the hotel to your itinerary. Click Continue
after reviewing hotel details and cancellation policies.
11. Available car types and estimated costs are displayed for each
12. Click Select to add the car to your itinerary. Click Continue after
reviewing car details and rules.
13. You will then be prompted to Review Your Trip. Click Continue
to go forward with the booking process; Start Over to begin
again; Change Trip to modify your booking before submitting it;
or Hold Trip to reserve space and come back later to complete
Important Note: When choosing Hold Trip, be sure to take note of the associated fare rules and cancellation policies
to avoid unwanted charges.
14. Verify Traveler Information and Billing information. Modify Notifications as necessary. Click Purchase to complete
Use AXIOM to reserve your car service
AXIOM makes it fast and easy to reserve car service. With
AXIOM you can:
Book ground transportation with the rest of your trip
Have your calendar automatically updated with the
Access your company’s negotiated rates and
NOTE: Car Service reservations cannot be made using
AXIOM is your requested pick-up time is within 24 hours.
Booking Car Service
1. After making your travel reservation you may be
presented with the option to Reserve More Services on
the Trip Summary page. Click Car Service to begin your
2. You can also reserve Car Service by clicking Travel from
the main page and then choosing Book Car Service.
3. Specify Pick-Up and Drop-Off locations. Your Home and
Office locations are pulled from your profile for added
convenience. You can also select from a list of pre-
defined company locations. Click Continue to proceed.
4. Enter your Ride Details, including desired dates and
times of service. If traveling to/from an airport you will be
asked to input your flight information as well. Click
Continue to view available car service options.
5. Available providers will then be displayed, with detailed
information on the rate, vehicle capacity and type and
other information. Click Select to continue.
6. Review Reservation Summary and confirm the Details of
the ride you are reserving. Be sure to review any Rules and
Restrictions that may apply.
7. Review and edit your Notification settings as necessary.
8. You can also Notify Other Passengers by entering their
email addresses in the space provided. The details of this
reservation will be automatically added to their calendars.
9. Click Reserve Now to complete your booking.
Making your restaurant reservations using AXIOM is a breeze
AXIOM allows you to automatically search for and reserve a restaurant, invite guests from both inside and outside the
company while having the reservation details automatically populated in both your calendar and your guest’s calendars.
With Axiom you can:
Quickly evaluate your dining options by location, cuisine type, price and Zagat ratings
Instantly book a table at one of thousands of restaurants
Send invitations directly to your guests
Have your calendar automatically updated with all the reservation
Making a Restaurant Reservation
1. A selection of restaurants near your hotel may be displayed to you on
the Trip Summary page after making your travel reservations:
2. You can also make a restaurant
reservation by selecting Dining from
the Home page and then clicking Find
and Book a Restaurant.
3. Specify how you want to search: by
city, near an address, by
neighborhood, cuisine type and/or by
4. You may also choose to check availability for your desired date and
time for those restaurants that are available to be reserved online
5. Click Search to view available options.
6. Available restaurants will be displayed on the Search Results page
7. Choose Refine Results to modify the results. You can choose to
display only those restaurants that are in policy or only those that can
be reserved online or you can further refine your search criteria
8. IMPORTANT! Only restaurants marked Reserve Online can be
reserved online. All other restaurants require you to call them to make
the actual reservation. Those reservations will not be integrated
automatically into your calendar.
9. Click Quick Look to see detailed information, including hours, Zagat
ratings, charge cards accepted, etc.
10. Click Reserve
Online to view what
times may be
available for your
party. After selecting
your desired time, click Make a Reservation.
11. You will then be able to add the email addresses for the people you wish
to invite, and you can also include a special note with the invitation and
any special instructions to the restaurant.
12. Clicking Reserve Now will complete the booking. An email invitation will
be sent directly to your guests with detailed restaurant information.
Save time and beat airport hassles by using AXIOM’s Airport Parking
Parking at an off-airport location is an easy way to
reduce the headaches involved in finding parking at Airports Covered by AXIOM’s
crowded airport parking lots. Airport Parking Service
AXIOM’s Airport Parking feature offers:
An easy way to save time and money
Gated and well-lit parking lots that provide safety
Quick and convenient shuttles that take you right
from your car to the terminal
Access to parking options at more than 45 airport
locations in the US through the Park-N-Fly
Reserving your Airport Parking
1. After making your travel reservation you may be
presented with the option to Reserve More
Services on the Trip Summary page. Click Airport Parking to begin
2. You can also book
Airport Parking by
from the main
page and then
3. Specify your
and input your
Pick-Up dates and times. Click Search to continue
4. Available options can be displayed in a List View or Map View that
shows proximity to the airport.
5. Click Select to view available rates for your desired location. After reviewing the total cost and purchasing rules click Next
6. You will be required to provide charge card information before clicking the Purchase button.
IMPORTANT! Your charge card will be charged when you
click the Purchase button so be sure to all associated fees
and restrictions carefully. No refunds will be issued if you
return earlier than the time specified.
7. After clicking Purchase you will need to print out the
parking voucher on the next screen and present it when
parking your car. You MUST bring the voucher with you
when you arrive at the airport parking facility.
Shipping a package has never been easier
AXIOM offers you a full range of user-friendly features designed to save both time and money when shipping a package.
With AXIOM you can:
Compare package shipping prices across multiple vendors and delivery options
Schedule a pick up for your package directly from the vendor
Print shipping labels directly from your own printer
Track all your packages from a single site with the same user name and password you use to book your other services
Receive notifications when your package is picked up and signed for by the recipient
Populates addresses directly from your address book
Shipping a Package
1. Click the Shipping link from the Home page and then click Ship a Package
2. Update the sender’s address information if necessary.
3. Add recipient address information either by entering it manually or by selecting
it from your address book
8. Helpful Tip! Choose to save sender/recipient to your Address Book for added
convenience the next time you ship a package
4. The Package Information fields will ask you to specify the type of packaging
being used, the (estimated) weight and the shipping date
5. Update your Notifications as necessary. You can choose to have an email sent directly to the recipient when the
package is shipped and when it is delivered.
6. Click Next to view available shipping options and
7. After making a selection click Next to access a
shipping label that can be printed out and attached to
8. Return to main Shipping page to Schedule a Pickup
or Track a Package
Scheduling a Pickup
1 Return to the main Shipping page and click Schedule a Pickup
2. Provide the necessary address information and package type. Be
sure to take note to the vendor’s cancellation policy before
clicking Submit to schedule the pickup
Tracking a Package
1. Return to the main Shipping page and click Track a Package
2. Specify the Provider and input the tracking numbers. Click Submit to view up-to the-minute status on your packages
AXIOM is the easy way to set up your Audio and Web Conferencing
AXIOM’s Conferencing functionality allows you to efficiently manage and
schedule audio and/or Web conferences while proactively managing the
costs of these services. AXIOM allows you to:
See the estimated costs for your conferences to allow you to make
Conveniently select conference dates, features and attendees without
having to remember multiple log-ins, passwords or access codes
Automatically send invitations to participants using your corporate or
personal address books
Add meeting details to all participants’ calendars
Create an Audio Conference
1. Click Conferencing from the Home page and then click Create an Audio Conference
2. Specify, Subject, Date, Time, Duration and Number of Connections required. Agenda information can also be added that
will be included in the notifications sent
3. Enter email addresses of invitees and update your Notifications as necessary. Click Reserve to complete your reservation.
Create a Web Conference
1. Click Conferencing from the Home page and then click
Create a Web Conference
2. Specify, Subject, Date, Time, Duration and Number of
Connections required. Agenda information can also be
added that will be included in the notifications sent.
3. Add/update audio information for your Web conference
4. Enter email addresses of invitees and update your
Notifications as necessary. Specify when reminders are to be
sent to your invitees. Click Reserve to complete your
Create a Recurring Meeting
1. Click Conferencing from the Home page and then click
Create an Audio Conference
2. At the Services home page, click Conferencing and then click
Create an Audio Conference or Create a Web Conference.
The Audio Conference or Web Conference page appears.
3. Select the date and time for the first meeting.
4. Click Set up a recurring schedule for this meeting. Additional fields appear. These fields allow you to choose a
recurrence schedule of daily, weekly or monthly.
5. Select the meeting option for your recurring meeting. Note: If you select weekly, be sure that the day(s) you choose
corresponds with your start date.
Use AXIOM to purchase tickets to sporting, concert and theater events
Utilizing AXIOM to book Event Tickets allows you to:
Quickly find tickets for thousands of sporting, concert and theatre
Plan a complete event experience including travel, dining, ground
transportation and tickets
Purchase tickets with confidence from our trusted network of
Purchasing Event Tickets
1. Click the Entertainment link from the Home page and then click Find Event Tickets
2. Search for events by location, keyword, category, price or by date.
3. Click Get Tickets to select seats and specify the number of tickets you
need. Click Select to continue.
4. Be sure to Review Your Ticket Selection before clicking Continue to
5. Verify/enter billing and shipping information. Click Continue to complete
IMPORTANT: If you do not have the tickets shipped to the billing
address of your charge card you will be required to fax a copy of your
charge card and driver’s license before continuing.
Please be aware of the following considerations when purchasing your event tickets using AXIOM:
There are no refunds, returns, exchanges or cancellations on any order for event tickets once it is submitted.
You will not be notified in case the date and/or time of your event changes. You are responsible for staying abreast of any
changes related to the event you have purchased. Event dates and times listed on the site or printed on the face of the
tickets are always subject to change. This is especially true for sporting events that are subject to television scheduling
conflicts. It is important that you check with the local media to ensure that you arrive at the correct time and date. Most
events are also subject to weather delays and or cancellation.
If an event is postponed, the tickets will typically be honored for the new date(s). However, this cannot be guaranteed.
Generally when an event is postponed, new tickets will not need to be issued. The system is not able to offer refunds on
Tickets cannot be replaced if they are lost, stolen or damaged.