Electronic Document Management System
Export Utility Tutorial
For questions or comments, contact:
Project Lead EDMS Team
The primary purpose of this tool is to facilitate Public Records Requests (PRR).
The Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) is often called upon to deliver
mass numbers of documents to requestors in accordance with the Sunshine
State Laws. All documents, with the exception of documents specifically
excluded by the Sunshine Law, must be made public, if requested.
This tool is intended for used by FDOT employees fulfilling PRRs from the
documents housed in the Electronic Document Management System (EDMS).
To Access the Export Utility a user must:
1. Be a member of an FDOT Network Domain.
2. Logon to the FDOT Network.
3. Display the INFONET home page.
4. Select Enterprise Applications.
5. Select Projects.
6. Select Electronic Document Management System (EDMS).
7. Select Main.
8. Select Export Utility.
9. Select the District that owns the documents for export.
10. The Login page is displayed.
11. Log on to the EDMS application with your FDOT credentials.
12. Select the Columns you want to display in your Export file.
13. Place a checkmark to the right of your selected column.
The columns displaying checkmarks to the
right are the default columns, which will
automatically be displayed in your results
file. You may modify these selections.
14. Use the area under Search Criteria to the right of the attribute name
to specify the search criteria.
This example shows a Financial
Project Number has been added
as search criteria
15. Some fields have look up associated with them.
Represents a drop down box –
can be used to make a selection
16. Some fields have drop downs associated with them.
Represents a drop down
box – can be used to
make a selection
17. The drop-down boxes have been set to default values. You may
accept the defaults or make a different selection.
18. The search results list be sorted by the Document Number
attribute, this is the default value. Using the drop-down, a different
sort order can be selected.
19. To begin the search click on the Search button at the bottom of
Select this button to
begin the search.
20. The Search Results list is displayed with the selected columns,
by the selected sort order.
21. Select Revise Search button if your results set is not what you
22. Selecting Revise search will return to the Search Criteria form.
Make the modification to your criteria and select search to see the
23. Select to Export all documents or the selected documents
Check the box beside the
document to mark it for export.
Select the Export All button to
export all documents.
24. Enter a file name to be used for your export set.
25. Select the Submit Batch Job Button.
26. The following screen will display if your export job has been
27. Log out or click the New Export Button to begin a different PRR.
28. Email notification is sent as a record of successful completion of
29. The Export file will remain on the server for 7 days.