RIAS PHASE II Desktop Configuration Checklist
Did you remember to……..?
□ Ensure your computer has Java Client 1.5.0_12 or a higher version installed.
□ To check your computer, go to this website http://www.javatester.org/version.html.
□ Have your department’s technical contact install Java if need.
□ If you plan to use the Web ADI Excel template to create your journals, change your macro
settings to medium.
□ Check mark Trust all installed add-ins and templates and Trust access to Visual Basic Project
on the Trusted Sources Tab.
POP UP BLOCKERS
□ Enable Pop Ups.
□ Select Always Allow Pop-Ups from this Site.
INTERNET SETTINGS FOR IE7 USERS
□ Change your internet settings if you use Internet 7.0.
□ Add https://riasapps.rutgers.edu to your Trusted Sites.
□ Enable all items in the Download sections in Trusted Sites.
□ Enable all items in the Scripting sections inTrusted Sites.
SECURITY CERTIFICATES FOR RIAS APPLICATIONS
□ If you experience a Security Certificate Error, accept the certificate.
□ Have your department’s technical contact install the certificate to correct the error going
□ Review the Security Overview created by Information Technology Office,
Refer to the Quick Reference Guide or for more detailed instructions view the Desktop Configuration User
Quick reference version 2
RIAS PHASE II Desktop Configurations Quick Reference Guide
Below is a summary of desktop configurations needed for the new General Ledger.
1. Java Client 1.5.0_12
Java Client 1.5.0_12 must be installed. You can also use Java Client 1.6.0 with Internet Explorer 7.0 only.
a). Check on Java versionhttp://www.javatester.org/version.html to see what you have.
b). Contact department’s technical support for installation, if needed
2. Excel Macros
To use the Web ADI Excel Journal Template (Not for Mac Users), Excel macros must be changed.
A). For Excel 2000 & 2003
1. Open spreadsheet and from the Excel toolbar select Tools Macro Security.
2. On Security Level tab selectMedium
3. On Trusted Sources tab check Trust all installed add-ins and templates and Trust access to
Visual Basic Project. Select OK
B). For Excel 2007
1. If you see the Developer Tab Code Group Macro Security
2. If you do not see the Developer Tab MS Office Button Excel Options
3. Then Trust Center Trust Center Settings Macro Settings
a. Check Enable All Macros & Trust Access to the VBA Project Object ModelOkay
4. Again, select Trust Center Trust Center Settings Add-ins
a. Check Require Application Add-ins to be signed by Trusted PublisherOkay
3. Web Browsers
A). Pop-Up Blocker
Depending on your current desktop settings you might receive a Pop-Up Blocker message from your web
1. If the Pop-Up Blocker message “Did you notice the Information bar?” appears selectOK
2. Click on Pop-Up message located below the Internet address bar and select Always Allow Pop-Ups
from this Site
3. A dialog box will ask you “Would you like to allow pop-ups from this site?” select Yes
B). Internet Explorer 7.0
If you plan to use Web ADI for journal creation and you use Internet Explorer 7.0, some settings must be
1. Click on Internet Explorer, and from the Internet toolbar select Tools Internet Options
Security Tab Trusted Sites Sites
2. Add https://riasapps.rutgers.edu to your trusted sites. Select Add OK
3. Then select Custom Level. Do the following:
a. Locate the Download Section Enable all items in this section
b. Locate the Scripting Section Enable all items in this section
c. In the Reset to: box select Medium-high or Medium. SelectOK
d. A Warning Message appears “Are you sure you want to change the security settings for
this zone?” selectYes
4. Security Certificate Error
In order to handle this certificate error, you will require administrative access to take care of this problem.
Please contact your technical support for assistance.
1. When logging into RIAS this certificate error might appear. Select Continue to this website (not
2. To fix the error go to the Software Portal: http://software.rutgers.edu/certs and login using your RCI
NetID and password.
3. Select the SSL Certificates in the right-hand column. Scroll down to where it says Rutgers, The
State University of New Jersey CA and select it.
4. A dialog box will appear asking if you want to Open or Save the file. Click on Open. The certificate
box will appear. Select Install Certificate.
5. The Certificate Import Wizard opens, select Next. Check Automatically select the certificate
store based on the type of certificate then select Next.
a. If you receive another error type warning window, just select OK or Yes and then the
Completing the Certificate Import Wizard will appear. Click on Finish.
6. Another window will appear stating, “The import was successful”. Click OK.
Quick reference version 2