Fundamentals for Advisory
• Learn six principles of marketing
• Identify two key customers of the Advisory
• Discuss value perceptions
Your customers aren’t listening to you.
• Helps to target highest priority customers.
• Helps to learn what interests them.
• Helps to align their needs with your
Everybody else is shouting at your
• Consider who else is also competing with
extension for the customer’s attention.
• Helps to have well prepared
• Helps to use creative strategies.
You can’t be successful without the rest of
• All faculty, staff, and volunteers need to
agree on the common communication
• Advisory leaders have to champion the
The more you give, the more you get.
• Always thank and applaud their efforts
regardless of how they have treated you.
• Use the product as the message as in a
“Horn of Plenty” event.
Being good is not enough – you have to be
• Past accomplishments mean nothing.
• Doing the right things is more important
than doing everything we have always
Everything is marketing.
• Successful programs.
• Economic development.
• Image of all associated with Extension.
• Policies and practices.
• Listen for and speak about the customer’s
• Identify image busters.
• Identify what is most valued about
• Advise on marketing plan and strategies.