Title: BRAND MANAGER
Reports to: Director – Marketing & Communications
Job Statement: Working in conjunction with the Product Managers, the Brand Manager is responsible
for the formulation and execution of a comprehensive marketing strategy for a broad
portfolio of brands.
Summary of Primary Responsibilities:
• Working in conjunction with the Marketing Director and Product Management team,
lead and manage the ongoing development and refinement of brand marketing plans.
• Using the Graphic Designers as resources, assume direct ownership of all projects and
initiatives that require execution from a brand-specific perspective.
• Ensure that projects are executed successfully: on-time, on-budget, and on-message.
• Design account-specific promotions in conjunction with the Sales Representatives.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
• Plan and execute integrated brand marketing campaign plans, including segmentation,
vehicle and media mix recommendation and execution, timing and forecast of results.
Integrated plans potentially include the following:
o Direct/relationship marketing
o Online/digital marketing
o Emerging media
o Events – to work closely with the Events Manager
o Other required marketing activities
• Project manage marketing campaigns from inception to optimization which can include:
o Status reporting
o Developing and monitoring a follow-up schedule taking into account the use of
other departments – CSR, Product Management
o Campaign set-up in various marketing systems and tools
o Management of assigned, project related budgets
o Development program testing mechanisms to track success/failure of campaigns
and help develop strategies of best practices
• Participate in the development of overall annual marketing communications plan that
details specific campaigns and activities designed to achieve agreed upon business objectives.
• Participate in the development of product launch strategies.
• Working with the Marketing Director, ensure that branding initiatives are executed in a manner
consistent with corporate marketing objectives.
• Serve as the primary liaison and point of contact between the graphic designers and any internal
customers for all brand marketing projects.
• Provide feedback on the performance of the Graphic Designers for use in the annual review process.
• University Degree required, Marketing preferred
• 2-3 years of relevant work experience
• Experience in music, event production, entertainment industries an asset
• Track record of success in managing multiple complex projects at the same time
• Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Knowledge of Illustrator, Quark, and Flash an asset
• Exceptional creative skills. Strong analytical skills
• Excellent French and English language skills (verbal & written)
• Strong business writing skills
• Strong communication and presentation skills
• Detail oriented
• Team player
• A personable and professional attitude