Cleaner Job Description
To clean the premises operated by Tops Day Nurseries.
• To clean all areas of the day nursery including toilets, kitchen, play rooms and staff
• To clean all surfaces of the day nursery including carpets, lino, wooden floors,
paintwork, tiles and wallpaper and to report any maintenance issues that prevent safe
and efficient cleaning of these areas
• To ensure sufficient cleaning materials and equipment are ordered or purchased in
consultation with the manager and that they are stored safely out of access by children
at all times.
• To remove all rubbish and put in approved outside bins ready for collection.
• To remove all bottles and recyclable materials to the relevant position or bin.
• Clean nursery. No complaints from parents or staff about dirt or lack of hygiene. In the
event of a complaint swift action is taken to ensure there is no repeat.
• No materials or equipment left where children have access to them.
• A schedule of work negotiated with the manager to ensure that areas that need daily
cleaning, weekly cleaning and monthly cleaning which is adhered to and/or developed to
ensure improvements where required.
• Feedback given to manager where maintenance is noticed and required in order to
maintain high standards of cleanliness.
• A stock of materials and equipment sufficient to ensure that shortages do not prevent
• Anything recyclable is recycled, including milk bottles to the dairy.
Current working hours are
5am – 7am or 6:30pm – 8:30pm, 5 days per week, or negotiable depending on site.
No smoking or swearing on the premises.
Please use the staff toilet
The front door must not be left open and unattended at any time.
Last updated C.Hadland 04/09/2001, 08/02, 07/03/ 07/04 08/06 08/07 10/08