JOB DESCRIPTION: MARKETING ANALYST
Job Title MARKETING ANALYST
Reporting to Director Marketing & Fundraising
Location New Delhi
Save the Children works for:
• A world which respects and values each child;
• A world which listens to children and learns;
• A world where all children have hope and opportunities.
Save the Children works for children in over 110 countries worldwide. Our work is
based on the rights of the child, first advocated by our founder and expressed
today in the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child. The
International Save the Children Alliance (the Alliance) has 28 member
organisations around the world, working in partnership to create a better world
We are now looking for a Marketing Analyst to join our New Delhi based National
Context of work
The database marketing activities generate an income derived from:
- Recruitment of new supporters from a diverse range of channels as part of
SC BRB Market Development Programme (MDP).
- Segmentation and management of our supporter database allied to
delivery of creative messages relevant to each segment of supporters or
potential supporter is key to our success. The aim is to build satisfying
supporter relationships; upgrade levels of support where appropriate and
thus enhance the lifetime value of existing and new supporters.
- The position will be responsible for the analysis of the MDP database;
extraction of data for management reports and analysis of donor
behaviour to maximise retention, attrition, reactivation and upgrades.
• To develop the database to maximise market intelligence and income.
• To track, analyse and report on marketing campaigns, donor retention
programs, donor recruitment and donor upgrade initiatives within the
• To accurately and regularly report on campaign outcomes and marketing
initiatives providing written feedback and recommendations on findings, trends
and future strategy.
• To accurately produce reports including reconciliation of the database with
financial reports, against projections.
The Marketing Research & Business Intelligence Officer will report directly to the
Marketing Manager. The role may at times be required to manage full and/or part
time or temporary staff.
• Marketing Manager: line-management, support, supervision, assistance and
exchange of information.
• Database Administration: Support and assistance for all database queries
• Finance: Reporting the reconciliation of the actual income against budget
and projected targets.
• Customer Services: Liaising on matters such as customer service activities
and dealing with problems and queries as they might arise, with associated
• The International Save the Children Alliance: Reporting on the database
development, market analysis and trends.
Job tasks and responsibilities
• Working closely with the Marketing Department team, especially the customer
services team and external suppliers to ensure that supporter segmentation,
targeting and data management systems continue to develop in line with direct
marketing needs, and develop accurate management reporting of supporter
• Reconcile the MDP database to outside sources.
• Track each campaign in relation to effectiveness of marketing and income
• Database reporting to be conducted as requested by the different areas of the
• Reports to be detailed and accurate and include all internal management
reporting covering campaign analysis, attrition percentages – per product, per
sales method; sales, territory analysis, default/delinquency rates; prepare MDP
Funders reports where required; prepare quarterly donor database reports
• Work with the Marketing Manager to develop the database to deliver optimum
service, information and income.
• To collate reports for database marketing and to ensure that campaigns are
efficiently and accurately recorded.
• Develop strategies to ensure returned mail is kept at a minimum.
• Respond flexibly to Save the Children’s marketing needs by taking on a variety
of projects which will be allocated.
• Always look to enhance current processes to improve data integrity.
• To analyse and develop strategy with the Marketing Manager and Database
Administrator to ensure that good quality reporting is regularly delivered on
database transactions, sales payment processes and procedures; and that
monthly automatic payments balance between bank statements, database
numbers and accounts.
• To work as a member of the SC BRB Marketing Department team to help
ensure that the office functions in a cooperative manner.
• To carry out any other tasks as required by the Marketing Manager
Person Specification (Essential)
• Strong analytical and data manipulation skills to enable production of
management information, campaign analysis, development of segmentation,
development of targeting techniques. Also able to manage predictive supporter
behaviour modelling using internal and external expertise.
• Good IT literacy, including expertise in spreadsheet analysis, and experience in
the use of software tools for complex analysis and reporting from large
• Ability to prioritise tasks and work on own initiative particularly in response to
rapidly changing situations, such as during an emergency fundraising
• Ability to analyse complex data (such as campaign data) and present
conclusions in writing and orally to the team and managers. .
• Ability to contribute to strategic thinking and planning.
• Strong organisational skills. The ability to manage a complex workload and to
meet tight deadlines.
• Understanding of team working and the ability to work within and provide
support to a team.
• High degree of self motivation and personal enthusiasm.
Experience : 5-6 years of relevant work experience in a competitive