CITY OF NEWTON
Application for Resident and Visitor Parking Permits
Name ______________________________________________ Registration # _______________ State ______
Address ____________________________________________ Make ______________________ Color _____
Rules and Regulations for Resident Parking
1. Motor vehicle must be registered in the Commonwealth and have a gross weight of less than 2 1/2 tons.
2. Vehicle must be principally garaged in the City of Newton.
3. Vehicle must be owned or used by a resident of the City of Newton.
4. Applicants must show proof of residency (current registration).
5. Residents of single, two family, apartment building, multi-family or condominium may received two (2)
parking stickers per dwelling.
6. Where there exists a home office or home occupation in a dwelling unit, the maximum number of visitor’s
placard may be increased by one (1), unless the home office is that of a physician or dentist, stickers can
be increased by two (2).
7. Resident Parking stickers shall be permanently affixed to the windshield on the lower left corner of the
8. The fee for Resident Parking stickers will be $25.00 per vehicle. The fee for replacement stickers will be
9. Two (2) Visitor Parking placards may be issued per dwelling unit and are transferable between vehicles.
Placards assigned may be used only for visitors to the issued dwelling. Lost placards will not be
10. For a home office of home occupation, Visitor Placards increase by one (1).
11. Visitor and Temporary Placards will be place on driver’s side of front windshield, and must be completely
12. *Resident stickers do not allow overnight parking between November 15 and April 15.
13. *Parking restrictions do not apply on legal holidays, Sundays from 6:00 AM to 2:00 PM, on Saturdays or
at religious services at a house of worship or during municipal, public or community school events
14. *All stickers and placards must be affixed to the lower left corner of the drivers side windshield.
15. *All stickers and placards will be void during snow emergency.
16. *All parking fines for the vehicle must be paid before issuance.
17. *All stickers and placards will expire on December 31, of each year.
18. *All stickers and placards are only effective on the street assigned.
Signature of Applicant __________________________________________ Sticker Permit # _______________
Street Location ________________________________________________ Placard #’s ___________________
Date Issued ___________________________________________________ Expiration date _______________
Issuing Officer ________________________________________________
ELIGIBLE RESIDENTIAL STREETS FOR PARKING STICKERS
Abbott St • Bolton Rd • Brentwood Ave • Calvin Rd • Carthay Cir • Charlesbank Rd (from 515 feet east of Centre St to St James St) • Commonwealth Ave (north
side from • aban Hill Rd west to 422 feet • west of Mt Alvernia Rd) • Residents of 219 Commonwealth Ave can apply for a resident parking • sticker on Manet Rd. •
Crescent Ave • Crosby Rd • Fairfield St • Garland Rd• Highland St • Judith Rd• Kimball Ter • Lowell Ave • Manet Rd • Nonantum Pl • Otis St • Otis Pk • Peabody St
• Pelham St • Samoset Rd • Tanglewood Rd• Waban Hill Rd • Waban Hill Rd North • Waban Pk • Walden St • Residents of 337 Washington St can apply for a
permit on Peabody St •