It’s not a destination Sacrament to be achieved.
It’s a Sacrament where the graces begun at Baptism,
are to be discovered throughout life,
and then used FOREVER!
“Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you,
before you were born I dedicated you”
Your name gives you an identity. It tells others who you are. When you were
baptized your parents chose your name. That name is a HUGE part of who you are and it
can truly form characteristics about how you live your life and maybe even your faith.
In Hebrew Scriptures, names were only changed when God made a huge covenantal rela-
tionship with a person. Changing your name is a BIG deal. Even in marriage, taking on
the man’s name is a big deal to the female. In our current culture, some females don’t
even want to change their name. So, what is so special about a name?
Actually, what is so special about YOUR name?
Please discuss the following questions with your parents
and then answer on your own.
Please TYPE your answers (like you would for a school report)
and ATTACH to the back of THIS page
These questions are just to get you started. Write as MUCH as you want in your ‘report.’
(1) Why did your parents choose your first name? Are you named after someone, if so,
who is that person and why?
(2) What does your name mean (all names have a meaning...look yours up and write what is says.)
(3) What does your name mean TO YOU?
(4) How does it ’fit’ who you are today?
(5) Would you want to be called something other than your first name? Why or why not?
“A faithful friend is a life-saving remedy, such as he who fears God find.
For he who fears God behaves accordingly, and his friend will be like himself.”
Sirach 5: 16-17
Name ALL the people who positively influence your life
(both alive and those deceased)
Name ALL the ROMAN CATHOLIC adult influences you have in your life,
(you can include both people and saints here)
If you had to choose ONE person from your list of Catholic influences,
who MOST would you want to remain in your life as a guide
to help you understand your faith.
(1) Name this ONE person and then give a GOOD reason (share a story!) why you
would choose to follow this person and how they live their life.
(2) How do they live their life and follow their Catholic faith that helps you?
Please use the back of this paper to include your TYPED & complete response.
(1) Who did you think God was when you were little? (talk to your parents!)
(2) What things remind you about God?
(3) Is God a He or She? A person in the sky or one that walks the earth?
(4) Does God make a difference in your life constantly or just watch from the sidelines?
(5) What kinds of prayers do you say?
There are no wrong answers here, only truth from your life so far!
Be yourself and tell me who God is for you!
PRINT IF your handwriting is CLEAR and legible.
Otherwise, TYPE & paste to this page.
SHARE A PIC
NAME OF CHURCH:
GODPARENTS (WHO and WHY chosen?)
WHO WAS PRESENT?
HOW did your family parents/feel? Why did they want you baptized?
NAME OF CHURCH:
WHO WAS PRESENT?
How did YOU feel that day?
URES IF YO U CAN!
S HARE PICT
Name of Church:
WHO was present?
How did YOU feel?
How did your family parents/feel?
What did you think about God that day?
PRINT NEATLY OR
TYPE and PASTE responses (can use backside)
What does the CATHOLIC faith mean to me right now?
(i.e. Going to Mass, understanding the Eucharist, and more!)
What does being Catholic mean to my family—in the past