Go M.A.D. Project Application
Go M.A.D. (Go Make A Difference) works to communicate the need for
volunteers at small social service projects around the world. By filling out the
application below, we will tell prospective volunteers about the work you do
and the work you need done (by volunteers). We ask that you fill out this
application as thoroughly as possible and to attach any photos or articles you
have about your project. (This is very useful when it comes to recruiting
volunteers). We will construct a page for your project on our site (www.go-
mad.org) in a timely manner upon receipt of your application. Please feel free
to share this application with other worthwhile projects in your community.
Please email your completed application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Name of the organization: Sunshine School
2. Contact Person: Cathy Lee (Didi)
3. Telephone Number: +856 21 214522
4. Email Address: email@example.com
5. Address: P.O. Box 7411, Vientiane, Lao PDR
6. How long has the project existed?: 10 years
7. Is this project a faith-based organization? (and if is please explain the role of
religion within it?) It is a non-denominational project. Our guiding
educational philosophy is, however, based on the ancient science of
astaunga yoga which promotes physical, mental and spiritual development.
That’s why we serve vegetarian food at school and also incorporate the
practice of yoga and meditation into the syllabus. The school was founded
by a person affiliated with Ananda Marga, a socio-spiritual organization
based in India. All the directors so far have been teachers or practitioners of
Ananda Marga yoga and meditation.
8. Have you ever had foreign volunteers work at your project? Yes
9. Are you currently part of a volunteer program? Yes. Go MAD
10. Is there a language requirement? English
11. How many volunteers can you handle at one time? 2 long term and 3 – 4
12. What time of year do you want volunteers? Sept – July each year
13. What is the minimum and maximum time volunteers can stay? No
minimum time. Maximum up till now has been one year, but there is no real
14. Depending on the mission of the project and its financial resources we
often ask our volunteers to fundraise and donate money to the project that
they will be volunteering with. In an effort to encourage volunteers to stay for
an extended period of time, we generally ask that donation amounts are
decreased for extended periods of staying. In no way, do we want projects to
have volunteers to simply ‘make’ money from them. We only want you to have
volunteers whole skills you think you could utilize rather than just their money
(although we realize that the money is also vital to the project!)
Donation amount for 1 week?
Donation amount for 2 weeks?
Donation amount for 3 weeks?
Donation amount for 1 month?
Donation amount for 2 months?
Donation amount for 3 months?
Donation amount for 6 months?
Donation amount for 1 year?
14. Will you accept volunteers who can’t donate? Yes
15. What will the donations be used for (please give a detailed description?
16. Will you provide volunteers with food and/or accommodation? Lunch
during weekdays when the school is open.
17. Who can volunteer (men/women/both)? Both
18. When do volunteers have to contact you (the minimum time they have to
contact you before volunteering at a project)? For a long term volunteer (i.e. 6
months to 1 year) they should contact at least 3 months before they come so
that we can work out visas. For short term volunteers, short term notice is
19. Description of the project: See edited version of old web-page text.
20. How did the project start?: Ditto
21. Is there anyone else, former volunteers, that we can contact (by email) as a
reference for your project?:
Wayne Yare firstname.lastname@example.org
Caroline Kruijne email@example.com
Shane Powell firstname.lastname@example.org
Claire Lengs email@example.com
Shawn & Laura firstname.lastname@example.org
Don McKay email@example.com
Jason Rogers firstname.lastname@example.org
Anna Fujimoto email@example.com
Sally Armbrecht firstname.lastname@example.org
Clemence Pabion email@example.com
Bryony May & Larissa Peters firstname.lastname@example.org
Laurie & Suzanne email@example.com
22. Additional comments? See edited version of old web-page text.