ULTRASONIC HUMIDIFIER with Accu-Smart®
Please read these instructions carefully and keep for future reference.
Thank you for purchasing this Westinghouse Ultrasonic Humidifier. Each unit has been manufactured to ensure safety and reliability. Before using this device, please read the instructions carefully and keep for future reference.
GET TO KNOW YOUR PRODUCT
1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. 11. 12. 13. On/Off Switch Air Outlet Ultrasonic Transducer Water Tank Cap Water Tank Ion Switch Mist Output/Sleep Mode Adjustment Accu-Smart® Switch Water Level Protection Switch Power Cord Mist Nozzle Handle Base
The Water Filter is used to capture impurities in your water. The filter life is determined by the average daily use of your humidifier and the water hardness in your area. It is strongly recommended that the filter is replaced every 2 - 4 months (depending on use). The humidifier should not be used without connecting the water filter to the water cap. The filter screws onto the water cap and should not be over tightened (just tight enough so that there is no water leakage).
Installing the Water Filter
Replacement filters are available through the retailer with whom you purchased this humidifier, through our customer service number (866) 5770312, or through our web site www.westinghouseiaq.com
When using any electrical appliance, basic precautions should always be followed to reduce the risk of fire or electric shock that may cause injury, including the following:
● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● Read the instructions carefully before use, and save them for future reference. Make sure the power used corresponds to the one indicated on the rating label. Always have water in the water tank when operating this unit. Use only clean cool tap water to fill tank. (Softened or distilled water is recommended in hard water areas). Ensure the filling cap at the bottom of the water tank is firmly tightened (do not over-tighten). Always have the mist nozzle and the mist chamber in place while the unit is operating. Rotate the mist nozzle so it is aimed away from children, walls, and furniture. Place the humidifier on a smooth level surface. Always disconnect the humidifier from the main supply when not in use and when cleaning the unit. This appliance is intended for household use only. Do not leave the humidifier in the “ON” position unattended. Never cover the humidifier when operational as this could damage the unit. Do not add aroma therapy chemicals into the nozzle, base or water tank. Do not cover any openings of the unit or insert objects into any of the openings. Do not tilt, tip, empty, or fill the unit while it is operating. Do not immerse the humidifier in water or let water come into contact with the connector or control device. Keep the humidifier clean. Do not allow objects to enter the vent area as this may damage the unit. Close supervision is required when any appliance is used near or by children. Never allow the cord to touch wet or hot surfaces, become twisted, or be within the reach of children. Do not use outdoors. Do not place on or near gas or an electric burner. Never use the appliance with a damaged cord or plug or after the appliance has malfunctioned in any way. Never attempt to open any part or dismantle the controls. Responsibility for failure cannot be accepted if these instructions have been ignored. Do not use the appliance for anything other than its intended use. Any repairs that need to be done to the humidifier must be referred to an Authorized Service Agent only. The unit should not be left unattended in closed rooms as air could become saturated and leave condensation on walls or furniture. Do not use detergent to clean any parts containing water. The detergent can interfere with the output of the unit if it comes into contact with the water. Always leave room door partly open.
● ● Carefully remove your humidifier from the carton, and take off all the protective wrapping. Select a location for your humidifier on a flat level surface about 4” away from the wall. DO NOT place the humidifier on a finished floor or near furniture, which can be damaged by too much moisture or water. Place on a moisture resistant surface. For first time use, place the humidifier in a room that represents normal conditions. After half an hour, it can be operated. Working temperature: 40-105 degrees Fahrenheit, relative humidity: ≤80%RH Use water that is less than 105 degrees Fahrenheit (purified water is recommended). Remove the water tank from the base of unit, open the cap and fill from bottom with water. Screws the water filter onto the water cap. Close the cap with water filter connected and put the water tank on the base correctly. DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN THE WATER CAP. To correct a water leak problem from the cap, remove the silicon seal and replace it in the reverse position after a period of use. Put the nozzle in the notch of water tank and adjust the nozzle away from walls and furniture. Plug the humidifier into a 120V power outlet.
● ● ● ● ● ●
Using the Product
1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6.
Power Switch Negative Ion Accu-Smart® Switch Mist Output/Sleep Mode Adjustment Humidity Display Sleep Mode Symbol
Turn on by pressing the On/Off button. The machine will start in the Hi Speed mode. You can change the mode according to desired level of humidity and function. When using the Accu-Smart® Humidity feature, once the humidity reaches 65% RH the machine will stop producing a mist. Once the humidity level is lower than 60% the mist will re-start.
Mist Output Adjustment
When choosing the mist output level, your choices are Hi (2 lights), Low (1 light), and Sleep (small moon symbol) Modes. If any of the buttons are pressed while in the Sleep Mode, the machine will restart in the Hi output Mode. When using the Negative Ion feature, negative ions will be released with the mist. Negative ions will add more oxygen to the air within the mist. Under normal conditions, if the water tank is removed, the machine will go into a “standby mode” to prevent water from splashing. If the tank is off the humidifier for more than 45 seconds, the control panel will light up and sound an alarm (only the moon will light up under sleep mode). Once the tank is replaced, the machine will restart in 5 seconds. If the water tank is not replaced within 5 minutes, the humidifier will turn off the transducer and blower and again will light up and sound the alarm. This machine will also follow the same procedures if the water tank is empty or not positioned correctly on the base.
Negative Ion features (ION)
Auto Safety Control & Alarm
CLEANING YOUR ULTRASONIC HUMIDIFIER
Note: When cleaning the inside of the unit, keep the water away from the air outlet.
■To Keep the Unit Clean:
-Use purified water -Clean the base of unit, water tank, and ultrasonic transducer every week -Always use clean water. -Always drain the water tank when not in use. -Clean all parts of the humidifier before storing by wiping with a damp cloth, and buffing with a dry cloth. (Except for the electrical control when the unit is off, any part of the humidifier may be wiped with a soft damp cloth, and buffed with a dry cloth ,ensuring the unit is unplugged.)
■Cleaning your humidifier
-Always unplug this humidifier before cleaning. -This humidifier must be drained and cleaned before storing. -To clean, use equal parts of distilled white vinegar and water (recommended amount is 8 ounces of vinegar and 8 ounces of purified water.) Pour this solution in the water tank and run on high speed for 10 minutes. Rinse out with clean water and run again for the second time. Replace with fresh water and the humidifier is ready for use.
■To Clean the Ultrasonic Transducer:
- Put 5-10 drops of distilled vinegar on the surface of the transducer and wait for 2 - 5 minutes; - Gently clean the surface of transducer with a soft brush until residue is removed; - Rinse the surface of transducer with clean water.
■To Clean the Base of the Unit:
- Clean the water basin with soft cloth by dipping in white vinegar in case there exists incrustation inside the water basin; - If there exists incrustation on the water level protection switch, put several drops of distilled vinegar on it and clean with soft brush; - Rinse the water basin with clean water.
■List of Enclosed Goods:
Item Quantity Product 1 pc Water Filter 1 pc Instruction Manual 1 pc Warranty Card 1 pc
In cold weather, windows, and even some walls may fog or develop frost from excessive indoor humidity. If this occurs, reduce the mist intensity setting to avoid damage from condensation on the windowsills. Too much humidity in the room may allow moisture to accumulate on surfaces where bacteria and fungi can grow. Collected moisture may also harm furniture, walls, and especially wallpaper. To eliminate high levels of humidity, especially in a small room, leave the door open, add or adjust the mist intensity control setting.
Model No. WHD-120 Voltage 120V Frequency 60Hz Consumption 35W Moisture output ≥300ml/h Noise ≤35dB(A) Tank Capacity 1.1 Gallons Net Weight 4.2 lbs Gross Weight 6.3 lbs
1. 2. Power indicator not Unit not plugged in illuminated and with no wind and mist Unit not on Power indicator illuminate, the unit with wind but no No water in the water tank mist Smelly mist New humidifier Dirty water or long-time stored water in water tank
Connect the humidifier from the power supply Switch on the unit Fill water in water tank Open water tank, put it in shadow for 12 hours. Clean the water tank, fill clean water in.
Power indicator illuminate, Too much water in the base Empty the flume, then close the unit with no wind and flume the cap of water tank. mist Dirty ultrasonic transducer Clean the transducer Little mist comes out of Dirty water or long-time Clean the water tank, fill the nozzle stored water in water tank clean water in. Caused by little water in Fill water in water tank. tank. Abnormal noise Place on a stable level Resonance from table-board surface.
If your humidifier still does not work after dealing with above methods, please contact the Customer Service Center or a local authorized service center. Our consumer tollfree line is 1-866-577-0312. Special Notes: We have gone through great expense to manufacture this product with many recycled materials. After years of faithful service once these products no longer fits your life style, or become inoperable, please either take to a recycling center or send back to our factory. Please call us and we will be more than happy to help you do this.
This product is distributed and licensed by OpulAire LLC, Naperville, Illinois, USA. Westinghouse and the Westinghouse logo are used by permission by Westinghouse Electric Co.
Please take a moment to register this product on line www.westinghouseiaq.com, or mail the enclosed registration.
Westinghouse humidifier, dehumidifier, air purifier warranty One-year full warranty
For one year from the date of purchase, when this appliance is operated and maintained according to instructions attached to or furnished with the product, OpulAire will pay for factory specified parts and repair labor costs to correct defects in materials or workmanship. OpulAire will, at its option, repair or replace the product without cost for parts and labor. This product must be shipped, prepaid and insured (recommended) to an authorized OpulAire designated service company. Proof of date of original purchase is required. The cost to ship the product to an authorized service center is the responsibility of the consumer, the cost to return the product to the consumer is the responsibility of OpulAire.
Second trough fifth year limited warranty on compressors, motors and solid state touch control systems
On air purifiers, air purifiers with dehumidifiers and air purifiers with humidifiers, in the second through fifth years from the date of purchase, when this appliance is operated and maintained according to the instructions attached to or furnished with the product, OpulAire will pay for factory specified parts and repair labor costs to correct defects in materials or workmanship. OpulAire will, at its option, repair or replace the product without cost for parts and labor. This product must be shipped, prepaid and insured (recommended) to an authorized OpulAire designated service company. Proof of date original purchase is required. The cost to ship the product to an authorized service center is the responsibility of the consumer, the cost to return the product to the consumer is the responsibility of OpulAire.
OpulAire will not pay for:
1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6.
Service calls to correct the installation of your appliance, to instruct you how to use your appliance, or to replace house fuses or correct house wiring. Repairs when your appliance is used in other than normal, single-family household use. Shipping to the warranty service center. Damage resulting from accident, alteration, misuse, abuse, fire, flood, improper installation, acts of GOD or use of products not approved by OpulAire or OpulAire Mexico. Repairs to parts or systems resulting from unauthorized modifications made to the appliance. Any labor costs during the limited warranty period.
OPULAIRE AND OPULAIRE MEXICO SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES.
Some states or provinces do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so this exclusion or limitation may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state or province to province.
Distributed by OpulAire LLC
3108 State Route 59, Suite 124-238, Naperville, IL 60564, USA 866 577-0312
This product is distributed and licensed by OpulAire. LLC, Naperville, Illinois, USA. Westinghouse and the Westinghouse logo are used by permission by Westinghouse Electric Co