FORT BELVOIR CHILD AND YOUTH SERVICES ELIGIBILITY AND PRIORITY POLICIES
1. Child and Youth Services (CYS) eligibility for care:
a. To be eligible for the center based School Age and Middle School/Teen Before and After School Programs, children must attend
the local schools where calendars/schedules coincide with our program schedules and transportation is provided.
b. Eligibility for care ends upon End Term of Service (ETS) of sponsor; termination of sponsor’s DoD employment; or DoD
contractor’s employment. A thirty-day grace period is provided to allow the sponsor to find alternate care.
Eligibility Active Duty DoD Civilians DoD Contractors DoD Contractors Military Reservists on Military
Military working on working off Fort Active Duty for Retirees
Fort Belvoir Belvoir 72 hours or more
Yes or No Yes, All Yes, All *Yes, All Yes Yes, All Programs Yes, Youth
programs programs programs Services and
2. CYS programs are limited in their ability to meet the demands of eligible patrons. When this occurs, an excess demand waiting list
is established based upon priorities for care.
Priorities for Care Chart
Priority 1 2 3 4 5 6
Sponsor is… Fort Belvoir CYS Single or dual Active duty Active duty military Full time employed All other eligible
employees (must active duty not assigned to Fort DoD civilian
military assigned sponsors and
stay employed military assigned Belvoir (Includes
to Fort Belvoir or assigned to Fort families who have
with CYS 18 to Fort Belvoir residing on Ft.single or dual Belvoir (Includes previously used
continuous or residing on military, or
Belvoir, with full single or dual DoD their priority
months to retain Ft. Belvoir time working ormilitary with a full employee, or DoD (priority may be
service) time working or full employee with a
full time student used only one time
spouse** time student full time working per family per
spouse**) not or full time child)
residing on Ft. student spouse**)
** Documentation must be provided to verify full time working or full time student status.
- (Full time working status is defined as 25 or more hours per week)
- (Full time student status is defined as enrolled in 12 or more undergraduate hours or 9 or more graduate hours per semester)
Exceptions to Priorities:
- To provide seamless service to families, children enrolled in CYS have first priority when moving from one program to another
based on age or program requirements.
- Children residing on Fort Belvoir and attending the local schools have priority in School Age Service/Middle School/Teen
Programs over children attending the local schools on “pupil placement.”
- Pre-Kindergarten children, i.e, children who will attend Kindergarten the following September, have first priority on the
waiting list for Part Day Preschool Programs.
- Revised 03/09/05