$PEND A MILLION
The object is to spend $1,000,000-no more no less.
Here is what you must accomplish with your money…
• Buy a Quarter Horse and register it
• Buy, rent, lease, build, or inhabit a barn in some way to suit your
• Feed your horse for a year
• Take it to the vet to receive a basic “wellness shot”
• Worming, etc.
• Enter your horse in an event-don’t forget to pay your entry fees!
• Buy tack for your horse including all the basics
• Saddle, blanket
• Bit, bridle
• Any other specific equipment you will need for your event-
• Buy a trailer
• Buy a truck to haul your trailer
• Gas/Food/Motel/Misc. for trip and duration of show
Everything must be real! Use magazines, newspapers,
creditable internet sources to find your merchandise.
Document your spending and write out “checks” for
everything that you buy.
Use the “check” template and “register” to do this.
Prepare your project for your teacher by putting
together a folder with your checks written, balance,
pictures of everything you buy, credible ads for
purchase, and a timeline of the order that you
REMEMBER! You will lose points for over AND un-
der spending your money!
The purpose of this activity is to teach you…
• And the responsibility of owning
an American Quarter Horse
P Check Register