This is an affidavit by a property owner acknowledging that the property does not have
any liens or mortgages on it. This document provides legal documentation that clears
both the property owner and potential purchasers of all liens, encumbrances and claims.
This affidavit should be used prior to finalizing a property sale. It can be customized to
fit the needs of the property owner such as if the property is mortgaged.
AFFIDAVIT OF NO LIEN
STATE OF _________ )
COUNTY OF ________ )
[Instruction: Notary will enter State and County above upon execution.]
___________ [Instruction: Insert name of person making affidavit.], being first duly sworn,
deposes and say(s):
1. That s/he/they is/are the sole owner(s) of the
following property (“Property”) [Instruction: Revise this sentence to properly describe
whether male, female or multiple persons executing affidavit.]:
SEE EXHIBIT AATTACHED HERETO
[set forth legal description]
2. That the statements set forth in this affidavit are true to the best of my/our knowledge,
information and belief. [Instruction: Revise this sentence to properly set forth
singular or plural tense.]
3. That the above Property is free and clear of all liens, taxes, encumbrances and claims of
every kind, nature and description whatsoever, except for real estate and personal
property taxes for the year ________________ [Option: , except that certain mortgage
entered into between _____ as Borrower and ____ as Lender, entered into as of
_____ and recorded at ______] . [Instruction and Comment: Include appropriate
year for which taxes have not yet been paid. If the Property is mortgaged, please
use the Optional language included here and insert appropriate information in
yellow highlighted portions.] All liens listed on the attached judgment or lien search,
attached hereto as Exhibit B are not against me/us, [Instruction: Choose proper
pronoun.] but are against person(s) with similar names.
4. That ___________________ [Instruction: Insert name of person(s) making affidavit.]
is not the subject to any bankruptcy, creditor's reorganization or insolvency proceeding
and none are pending, contemplated or threatened.
5. That there are no tax, mechanic’s, material-men’s, or laborer’s liens against the above
Property. We are not aware that anyone has filed or intends to file a mechanic’s lien
relating to this property. No one has notified us that money is due and owing for
© Copyright 2011 Docstoc Inc. registered document proprietary, copy not 2
construction, alteration or repair work to this property. We have not been notified by any
governmental agency that a tax lien will be placed upon this property.
6. That the personal property situated on the Property if any, is being sold to the
purchaser(s) mentioned below, is also free and clear of all liens, encumbrances, claims
and demands whatsoever.
7. That ____________________ [Instruction: Insert name of person in possession of
Property.] has possession of the Property and that there is no other person in possession.
8. That Affiant knows of no violations of local ordinances, or State or Federal law
pertaining to the above described property.
9. That this Affidavit is made for the purpose of
___________________________________. [Instruction: Insert purpose for making
10. That no judgment or decree has been entered in any court of this state or the United
States against said Affiant which remains unsatisfied.
11. That there are no existing contracts for sale, options to purchase or unrecorded deeds or
mortgages existing. [