Avaya Integrator for
Microsoft® Outlook® 2003 and 2007
Avaya Integrator for Microsoft® Outlook® 2003 and 2007 “integrates” Microsoft Outlook with
Avaya IP Softphone, enabling you to quickly and easily make and log calls from Microsoft
Outlook via Avaya IP Softphone. You can make calls from any Microsoft Outlook contact or
Journal entry. You can even set Avaya IP Softphone to try to match the caller ID for an incoming
call with the telephone numbers in your Microsoft Outlook contacts, giving you the opportunity to
know who is calling before you answer the call. If a match is found, a notification displays the
Call from and Contact Name, and the information for that contact is “popped” to the screen.
To use the Avaya Integrator for Microsoft Outlook 2003 and 2007, your PC must meet or exceed
the following requirements:
● Avaya IP Softphone Release 5.2 or Release 6.0 installed
● one of the following operating systems installed:
- Microsoft Windows® XP Professional
- Microsoft Windows XP Home
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional with Service Pack 2
● one of the following versions of Microsoft Outlook installed:
- Microsoft Outlook 2007
- Microsoft Outlook 2003 with Service Pack 2
● Microsoft Office 2003 or 2007 PIA installed. This software is available at
Note: It is recommended that you use Microsoft Outlook in “cached” mode.
Issue 1, July 2007 1
Avaya Integrator for Microsoft® Outlook® 2003 and 2007 Getting Started
To install the Avaya Integrator for Microsoft Outlook 2003 and 2007:
1. Download the Avaya Integrator for Microsoft Outlook 2003 and 2007 software:
a. Go to http://www.avaya.com/support.
b. In the “Most Popular Products in Support” section, click IP Softphone.
c. Perform one of the following steps:
- If you are using Avaya IP Softphone Release 5.2: From the Select a Release
box, select 5.2, and then click .
- If you are using Avaya IP Softphone Release 6.0: From the Select a Release
box, select 6.0, and then click .
d. Click Downloads.
e. Click Integrator for Microsoft Outlook 2003 and 2007.
f. Click Avaya Integrator for Outlook 2003 and 2007 Setup, and save the file
(IntegratorforOutlook.exe) to your PC.
2. Close Microsoft Outlook (if it is running) and Avaya IP Softphone (if it is running).
3. Run IntegratorforOutlook.exe.
The Welcome dialog box appears.
4. Click the Next button.
The License Agreement dialog box appears.
5. After reading the license agreement, click the I accept the license agreement option
button, and then click the Next button.
The Destination Folder dialog box appears. By default, the software will be installed into
C:\Program Files\Avaya\Integrator for Outlook. If you want to change the destination
folder, user the Browse button.
6. Click the Next button.
The Ready to Install the Application dialog box appears.
7. Click the Next button.
The software is installed. The Updating System message box appears, showing the status
of the installation.
When the installation is complete, a message box appears stating that the Avaya
Integrator for Outlook has been installed successfully.
8. Click the Finish button.
2 Issue 1, July 2007