CASPER Reports & Abuse Reporting OTIS
Department of Health & Hospitals Evelyn Enclarde, RN Cathy Brunson, RN
Objectives • Explain Quality Indicator vs Quality Measures • Demonstrate How to Access CASPER Reports (QM, Resident Roster, etc.) • Define OTIS • Explain OTIS Security
• Demonstrate entering allegation of
abuse/neglect in OTIS
Quality Indicator vs Quality Measure Reports
• • • •
QIs 24 Indicators 6 month period Used by state surveyors to select resident sample for survey inspections
• QMs (15) • (12) chronic care • (3) post acute care • Generated quarterly • Includes PPS
• Identify areas of care for potential concern
assessments (AA8b=x) • Not used by state surveyors • Intended to provide a set of objective items to determine how well care is provided to the residents.
Quality Measure Resources (Louisiana’s QIO)
Louisiana Health Care Review, Inc. 8591 United Plaza Boulevard, Suite 270 Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70809 Telephone: 225-926-6353
Fax: 225-923-0957 http://www.lhcr.org
Quality Measure Manual
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) is proud to announce the Quarter 3, 2004 update of the nursing home publicly reported quality measures. As of January 13, 2005, consumers and providers will be able to view the updated facility-specific quality measures for each Medicare & Medicaid-certified nursing home at www.medicare.gov/NHCompare .
The measures posted on January 13, 2005 will reflect the care delivered to post-acute care nursing home residents between April 1, 2004 and September 30, 2004 and to chronic care residents between July1, 2004 and September 30, 2004. Subsequent updates will continue to occur quarterly.
Resident Roster List
File name: RR012005.txt
Quality Indicator Reports
• Currently access via “Analytic Reports” on
MDS Submission web page
• Only previously requested QI reports available
from this link after April 10, 2005 • All new requests submitted via CASPER
Otis Campbell – Andy Griffith Show 1960-1967
Hal Smith Passed away on January 28, 1994. Hal Smith provided the voice of the much beloved "Mr. Whittaker" in the very popular radio kids program Adventure in Odyssey.
When Hal Smith died Mr. Whittaker was retired as a character.
What is DHH’s OTIS?
• Online Tracking Incident System • Allegations of abuse/neglect may be
submitted online instead of faxing the AB03 forms.
• Save trees/paper • Legible • Date/Time embedded on form when submit online • System tracks all
• If web server down, must fax to HSS • Once report completed cannot alter report unless contact HSS • Password rules add additional complexity
changes made to form • Secure login • Online reports will be available soon
HSS Home Page Internet Address
OTIS Password Policy
• Each person who enters data in OTIS
must have their own username & password. • Submit requests on company letterhead, signed by the administrator to Cathy Brunson.
• Requests may be faxed to 225-342-
Password Rules - Effective 2/2005
Expire every 90 days. Receive prompt 14 days prior to expiration date. Consists of six characters. At least one must be numeric. (No special characters - *, /, %, - , etc.
Password Rules - continued
• Cannot reuse the last 3 passwords • Locked out after 3 incorrect attempts • Disabled after 90 days inactivity
Last report submitted will be displayed. Left click “New Incident” to create new report.
Record Incident ID on hard copies.
1. “Discovered” date is required and is date used to calculate date completed report due to HSS. 2. Data Entry – no leading “0”s in time fields 3. Click “Add” after enter Event, Date, Time
Select item from left column, left click “>” to move to right column. To remove item from right column: Select item in right column, left click “<“ to move item to left column.
Left click “Save Changes” after selecting Incident Category. Blue text displays report status: Incomplete Complete
Scroll down and continue entering Victim, Accused and Witness information.
Scroll down further to complete data entry on page one of the form.
Left click “Save Changes”
Left click “Investigation” hyperlink to enter investigation information.
Future OTIS Changes
• New version tentatively – May • Allegations can be assigned to a
specific abuser • May enter more client information if desired
• “Accused” will be moved
to new location
• Evelyn Enclarde
• • • • • Injuries of Unknown Origin Resident-to-Resident MDS RAI Coordinator (800-261-1318) 225-342-4855 email@example.com
•All other reports •225-342-5779 •firstname.lastname@example.org
•Technical OTIS & MDS •Passwords •225-342-5779 •email@example.com
Barney Fife swears Otis in as a deputy: