How to apply by howardtheduck


									How to apply  Apply early – if you don’t get your application to us before the end of July we cannot guarantee that your pass will be ready to collect at the start of term. Any costs incurred while awaiting delivery of a pass applied for after the 31st July will not be reimbursed. Many students wait for their exam results before applying – Don’t: should you be unable to take up the place on your course or if you withdraw before the start of college we will refund your contribution in full. If you don’t live in Herefordshire you must apply to your own authority. Even if you know that your authority will turn down your application you must apply as the rejection letter you will receive is important if you are hoping to receive support from your college towards your transport costs (see resource headed ‘What if I don’t qualify?’  You should consider what public transport you wish to use to get to college – the transport officer is guided by your address but it is not always obvious what transport solution suits your needs best. The transport officer will consider alternatives at his/her discretion. If you are not sure what public service transport is available for your area look at the ‘List of Routes’ on the College Transport page that provides recommended public service routes for different areas. Once you have found a service route consult the public transport portal (see the link on the transport page) to find out what time your bus or train times are and clearly indicate your requirements in the Travel Permit Details.   Fully fill out your application form before sending it to your college for authorisation A passport sized photograph may be required – If you are travelling by train or with the First group bus company attach a passport photo to your application form. Payment – £125. We require payment in advance. You can pay your contribution by cheque, made payable to Herefordshire Council, or by Postal Order. Please attach to your application form. Please see the website link for the Educational Maintenance Allowance – EMA is a government funded scheme that provides financial support towards transport for families with limited means. There is no reduced rate for transport – if you are struggling to meet the contribution contact your college – they may be able to assist you through the Learner Support Fund.


Hereford Sixth Form College Tel: 01432 355166 E-mail: Postal Address Hereford Sixth Form College Folly Lane Hereford HR1 1LU

Herefordshire College of Technology (& Holme Lacy College Campus) Tel: 01432 352235 E-mail: Herefordshire College of Technology Folly Lane Hereford HR1 1LS

Hereford College of Art Tel: 01432 273359 E-mail: Hereford College of Art Folly Lane Hereford HR1 1LT

To top