Job Description – IT Support Analyst
IT Support Analyst – Royal Canin Canada – Job Description
Royal Canin is a Health Nutrition company for cats and dogs with a unique vision: PET FIRST.
R&D being the back-bone of the company, we continually learn more and improve our
knowledge of cats and dogs. This allows true innovation by providing better nutritional
answers for the pets’ real needs. 100% Pet specialty committed, our products are sold
exclusively through the vet, pet specialty retail and breeder channel.
Royal Canin offers a highly competitive work environment with fantastic opportunities for growth
and achievement. We are a young and dynamic team that is focused on innovation, speed and
flawless execution. The headquarters of Royal Canin Canada are located downtown Toronto.
However, as the company expands its operations to a production and distribution facility in 2008,
the head offices will also be located together with the new facilities. As of May 2008, the offices
of Royal Canin Canada will be located near Guelph, Ontario. For more information please
visit http://www.royalcanin.ca and http://www.royalcanin.com
Royal Canin Canada is searching to fill the position of IT Support Analyst, reporting directly to the
IT Manager. In this role you will be a key member of the IT team, responsible for the
maintenance, and enhancement of key IT business areas, including Web, Lotus Notes/Domino,
Data-warehousing, and ERP. We work as a cohesive team to define and solve problems, create
solutions, and promote mutual success. We are passionate about technology and seeing our
company succeed with it.
IT Support Analyst
The IT Support Analyst’s role is to ensure proper computer operation so that end users can
accomplish business tasks. This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting, and actively
resolving end user help requests. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostic and help
request tracking tools, as well as require that the individual give in-person, hands-on help at the
• Field incoming help requests from end users via both telephone and e-mail in a
• Document all pertinent end user identification information, including name, department,
contact information, and nature of problem or issue.
• Build rapport and elicit problem details from Support Desk customers.
• Prioritize and schedule problems. Escalate problems (when required) to the appropriately
• Record, track, and document the help desk request problem-solving process, including all
successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final
• Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
• Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions
resources on the Internet to aid in problem resolution.
• Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the
• Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software,
installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
• Performing preventative maintenance, including checking and cleaning of workstations,
printers, and peripherals.
• Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved.
• Perform post-resolution follow-ups to help requests.
• Evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent future
• Develop help sheets and frequently asked questions lists for end users.
• College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science and/or 1 years
equivalent work experience.
• Knowledge of basic computer hardware.
• Experience with desktop and server operating systems, including Windows XP.
• Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening, and
• Strong documentation skills.
• Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues as required.
• Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
• Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
• Highly self motivated and directed.
• Keen attention to detail.
• Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Exceptional customer service orientation.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.