Daily Field Report
Mountain View Tel: 650.967.2365 Fax: 650.967.2785 Oakland Tel: 510.267.1970 Fax: 510.267.1972
Fairfield Tel: 707.423.2523 Fax: 707.423.1725 San Ramon Tel: 925.275.2550 Fax: 925.275.2555
Fullerton Tel: 714.441.3090 Fax: 714.441.3091
Job No. Page
1993-1 1 of 1
Project Client Report No.
Leona Quarry City of Oakland 159
Location Grading or Excavation Contractor Date Day of Week
Oakland, CA DeSilva Gates 3/18/05 Friday
General Contractor Contractor’s Foreman Eng. Tech Assistants
DeSilva Gates Clayton Haskins/Mark PF -
General Contractor’s Superintendent Specialty Contractor Contractor’s Foreman
Field Observations Time: 11AM Weather: Raining, cool
- I was on site from 8AM to 11AM.
- Four Cat 657 scrapers cut soil from the area to the east of the former “Upper Bowl” area and placed
it as fill into the area to the east of the intersection of “A” and “K” Streets. The soil was compacted two
Cat 825 sheepsfoot compactors. Two D10 dozers ripped the cut areas.
- Phil Gray of Berlogar was on site to observe fill placement and to test the relative compaction of
- A D8 dozer trimmed and track walked the southerly facing slope that sits north of “J” Street.
- Two water trucks provided moisture conditioning as needed.
- Lewis and Tibbitt continued installation of a joint utility trench in “A” Street running southerly from
“D” Street. Sand was placed to backfill the trench and compacted by a vibrating tamper. A second
technician from Berlogar was on site to test the relative compaction of the joint trench backfill.
- EBMUD continued installation of water services in “D” Street.
- A Cat blade and a Cat 615 paddle wheel scraper worked to fine grade soil in “H” Street.
- Showers of light rain fell at the site for short periods until about 10:30AM when the rain became
steady and heavier. Work was halted at about 10:30AM.
Follow-up from prior report Yes No
What should be observed, checked, or tested during the next visit:
The DFR is preliminary This DFR is final Continued on next page P:\1-STANDARDS\Forms\Construction Svc\DFR Masters\DFR10 Verdana.doc