PLYMOUTH, 1948 BOOK 2023, PAGE 574
GIUSEPPE GARIBALDI CLUB
Named For Famous Italian Patriot Who Led Unification Of Italy North Plymouth was home to many Italian immigrants. Many worked and joined social clubs near their neighborhood. The Garibaldi Club was established in 1933 as an Italian social club. It relocated to Castle Street in North Plymouth in 1948. The club was named in honor of Giuseppe Garibaldi, an Italian patriot and military leader whose exploits led to the freedom of Italy from foreign rule. His bravery and accomplishments to its unification made him a hero to Italian-American immigrants around the world. Statues of his likeness appear in Rome, New York City and in squares around the world. The Garibaldi Club continues to operate today and is involved in many civic and charitable activities, including sponsoring a Little League team.
Compliments of Register of Deeds John R. Buckley, Jr. and Marilyn M. Dupuis
From the “Plymouth County Registry of Deeds Notable Land Records Collection”