Information Security Fundamentals
22 – 23 March 2007 (Thu – Fri)
Nature and Objectives
Information Security is one of the hot issues for today’s organisations. This
two-day course provides participants with a comprehensive overview of
various aspects of information security, including security concepts,
fundamental principles, security components and risk management, in the
context of a modern and Internet-connected business environment. Upon
completion of this course, participants will learn the basic principles,
concerns and technologies related to information security and the risks they
are exposed to if their information and supporting facilities are not properly
Who Should Attend
IT Practitioners, Security Officers, Auditors and those who need to have a comprehensive understanding
of information security.
Introduction Security: What you need to consider
Today’s Challenges Personnel Security
Common Threats and Cyber Crimes Physical and Environmental Security
System and Network Security
Security Concepts Operation Security
Traditional / e-Commerce Challenges
Fundamental Principles of Security Access Control, Authentication and Authorisation
Access Control / Cryptography / Resilience Information Backup and Media Control
Incident Response and Business Continuity
Manage your security Planning
Establish Security Management Framework Monitoring and Audit
Asset Identification and Classification
Risk Assessment and Management Special Topics:
Security Architecture and Designs Perimeter Network Security
Secure e-Mail Exchange
Business Continuity Planning
Award of Certificate
A Certificate of Completion will be awarded to participants who have attended all sessions.
Jointly Organised By:
Please circulate this leaflet to those who are interested
Medium of Instruction Date & Time
Cantonese with English Terminology 22 – 23 March 2007 (Thu – Fri)
9:30a.m. – 5:00p.m.
HK$4,000 Duration / Number of sessions
HK$3,600 (enrolment on or before 8 Mar 2007) Two days
Hong Kong Productivity Council
1/F, HKPC Buidling, 78 Tat Chee Avenue, Kowloon Tong, Kowloon, Hong Kong
To enrol, please complete the attached enrolment form and send it together with the appropriate fee to
Productivity Training Institute, 3/F., Hong Kong Productivity Council, HKPC Bldg., 78 Tat Chee Avenue,
Kowloon Tong, Kowloon, Hong Kong. (Attention: ICT & Logistics Unit)
[All cheques should be crossed and made payable to the “Hong Kong Productivity Council”.]
Please call Ms. Ng at (852) 2788-6262, fax (852) 2788-6260 or email: email@example.com
(*Please delete whichever inappropriate)
1. Course / Seminar Information Security Fundamentals
Course Code 40058140 Fee HK$4,000 / 3,000 Duration 22 – 23 March 2007 (Thu – Fri)
2. Name (Mr/Mrs/Ms*)
Mobile/Pager E-mail Address
3. Organisation Position
Tel. (Day) (Night) Fax
4. Payment Method: Enclosed is my cheque of HK$_________________. Cheque No. ______________________(The cheque has to be
crossed and made payable to the “Hong Kong Productivity Council”). ** For cheque payment, please send the cheque for the
appropriate fee with this completed form to ICT & Logistics Unit, Productivity Training Institute, 3/F., Hong Kong Productivity Council,
HKPC Building, 78 Tat Chee Avenue, Kowloon. For reservation only, please fax this completed form to (852) 27886260.
1. Course fee must accompany this form (or its photocopy), otherwise enrolment may be rejected.
2. HKPC has adopted a Personal Data (Privacy) Policy. Information about the policy is available at HKPC enrolment counters for collection.
You may also contact our Personal Data Controlling Officer for further details.
3. Applicants are encouraged to pay by credit cards, EPS or cheques, if possible. Amount received will be imprinted. Cheques are subject to bank
4. Enrolment fee is not refundable unless HKPC is notified in writing of your withdrawal at least 5 working days before the course
commences. A handling charge of HK$200 will also be levied.
5. An applicant may, subject to approval from HKPC, nominate a person to attend the course on his/her behalf.
6. HKPC reserves the right to change the contents, venue and / or time as necessary.
7. Classes in the morning, afternoon or evening will be cancelled if typhoon signal No. 8 or above OR black rainstorm warning is still hoisted
after (or is announced by the Hong Kong Observatory to be hoisted at/after) 6:00a.m., 11:00a.m. and 4:00p.m. respectively. Participants
will be notified when the class will be made up as soon as possible.
If you do not wish to receive such messages from us, please call Ms. Lo at 2788-6266 or Ms. Ng at 2788-6262, so that we can stop sending
you our messages in future.