Return for Educational Credit
continuing education quiz: patient counseling Management of Psoriasis:
Management of Psoriasis: Focus on Raptiva Focus on Raptiva
1. All of the following statements about psoriasis are true May 2004 ACPE NO. 129-047-04-003-H01
EXCEPT: The Ohio Pharmacists Foundation Inc and NDSU College of
a. it is contagious. Pharmacy are approved by ACPE as providers of continuing
pharmaceutical education. To receive 1 ½ hours (0.15 CEUs) of
b. it occurs rarely on mucosal surfaces. continuing education credit, complete the following and mail with
c. it is rarely life-threatening.
d. it can be confined to one area or generalized over the
Continuing Education Secretary
body. College of Pharmacy
2. The average age of onset of psoriasis is: North Dakota State University
a. 14. c. 42. Sudro Hall, Room 123
Fargo, ND 58105
b. 28. d. 56.
3. Psoriasis is most prevalent in: Name
a. Asians. Social Security Number (SSN)
c. Caucasians. Address
d. Polynesians. City State
4. When psoriasis affects intertriginous regions, it refers to
areas of: Zip
a. exposed skin. c. scalp. Your SSN will be used to maintain a permanent record of the
courses you have taken. Your SSN will be kept confidential and will
b. nails. d. skinfolds. be used ONLY to identify you at NDSU.
5. 5.The hallmark of psoriasis is:
a. accelerated epidermal proliferation.
b. excessive formation of dihydrotestosterone. ANSWER
c. infection by tinea versicolor. SHEET
Evaluation Must Be Completed To Obtain Credit
d. malfunction of the sebaceous glands. 1.
How much time did this lesson require ? a b c d
6. Which of the following statements is true? 2. a b c d
a. Treatment of psoriasis and seborrheic dermatitis is the 3. a b c d
same. 4. a b c d
b. Borders of psoriatic lesions are very sharp rather than Today’s Date 5. a b c d
indistinct. 6. a b c d
c. Psoriasis affects the body, but not the scalp. 7. a b c d
d. Cradle cap is a form of psoriasis. 8. a b c d
7. Which of the following best describes the appearance of
EXPIRATION DATE: 3-15-07a b
9. c d
psoriatic scales? 10 b
a. Grayish-white c. Silvery Learning objectives on first page were addressed.
b. Greasy d. Yellowish-brown 1 Disagree - 5 Agree
Objective 1 1 2 3 4 5
8. Raptiva is a(n): Objective 2 1 2 3 4 5
a. anti-epithelian cell stimulant factor. Objective 3 1 2 3 4 5
b. enzyme inhibitor. Objective 4 1 2 3 4 5
c. keratin stem cell inhibitor. Material was well organized and clear. 1 2 3 4 5
d. monoclonal antibody. Content sufficiently covered the topic. 1 2 3 4 5
9. Raptiva is currently approved to be administered: Material was non-commercial in nature.1 2 3 4 5
a. intravenously. c. subcutaneously.
b. orally. d. topically.
10. Prior to administration, raptiva must be stored:
a. at room temperature.
b. under refrigeration