TippeCanoe Players Dinner Theatre
is scheduling audition appointments for the hit musical comedy: THE WEDDING SINGER *Five Performances at Graff Auditorium at Harrison High School *JUNE 18-19-20-21 at 7:30 -- also a matinee performance on JUNE 21 at 1:30 *To schedule an audition appointment April 19 or April 26 or May 3 (Sundays) CALL: 765-463-0690 *Auditions held at Harrison H. S. – 5701 N 50 W, West Lafayette *Go to door 17 at back of school * There are many roles to be cast * Several ensemble dancers will be chosen
*be at least a high school student (under 16 years must have a recommendation from a drama, dance, or choir instructor) *bring a resumé (see form at www.tippecanoeplayers.com) & attach headshot to back *be able to sing, dance, and act for most lead roles *present 1-2 min. memorized monologue for acting role (not needed for sing or dance role) *present a song from the 1980’s or The Wedding Singer *be prepared to learn a short dance *be prepared to show any special skills you may have (tumbling, break dancing, etc.)
Choose one of 3 Audition Dates. Audition Times For an Acting/Singing/Dancing role
APRIL 19 OR APRIL 26 OR MAY 3 — 1:00-3:45 — Acting and/or Singing Audition 4:00-4:30 — A short dance will be taught 5:00-6:00 — Dance auditions
Audition Dates & Times For Dance Ensemble Only
APRIL 19 OR APRIL 26 OR MAY 3 — 4:00–4:30 — A short dance will be taught 5:00-6:00 — Dance auditions email: firstname.lastname@example.org www.tippecanoeplayers.com ??Questions?? Call TippeCanoe Players at 765-463-0690
THE WEDDING SINGER AUDITION INFORMATION
* An accompanist is provided. * You may bring a tape/CD without vocals for accompaniment (a tape/CD player will be provided). * REMEMBER: You must sing a song FROM THE 1980’s or from THE WEDDING SINGER. * Check the website to view the songs that each character sings (under roles to be cast). * If you wish to prepare more than one song, that is fine.
* Dress appropriately for dance — do not wear baggy clothes. * Wear the following shoes: ballroom shoes, character shoes, dance sneaker, or jazz shoe. * Have hair pulled up into a pony tail or style hair so it is pulled back out of the face. * Do not wear earrings that dangle.
Other Suggested Items For Audition
* Bottled water and a snack.
What if I am unable to make it to the audition dates?
* If you are unable to make it to the scheduled audition dates in April, or the one in May, then permission may be granted to audition on an alternate date. * Call TippeCanoe Players at 765-463-0690 or email email@example.com
After the Audition & Call-Backs
* Everyone who auditions will be notified by phone or email of their status. * For “call backs” we will schedule a day and time at Harrison High School. * For “call backs” expect to sing/act with other actors.
If you do not get a “call back”
* Do not be discouraged! Not getting a “call back” does not mean you are not a good actor! *The directors take great care to try to match actors with their vision of what specific qualities are needed for each particular role. Some roles are very “type cast.” *The directors need to take into consideration how each actor blends as a whole with other cast members. *There are many other opportunities to be involved with this musical if you desire to be a part of the fun (backstage, technical crew, etc.). Also, there will be other exciting productions!
The Wedding Singer Vocal Book can be purchased at: Marla’s Music Shoppe 210 N 11th St., Lafayette, Indiana Dance shoes can be purchased at: The Enchanted Pointe 226 North 6th Street Lafayette, Indiana
866-epointe (866-376-4683) www.enchantedpointe.com