Learning Center
Plans & pricing Sign in
Sign Out
Get this document free




Consulate General

Of Belgium in the People’s Republic of China
 Professional Card (visa +permit to exercise an independent activity in Belgium, as a self employer)

Please note that there are two possibilities to go to work in Belgium: - As an employee or researcher or trainee taking up employment. (Work Permit) For this case, please refer to our info sheet specifically designed on this subject (click here). - As a self employer: you want to settle your own company in Belgium. You will need for it a Professional Card AND a visa to go to Belgium. As this last procedure can take a few months, we recommend you to proceed simultaneously for your request of Professional card and your request of visa. For that please provide: You are welcome at the Belgian diplomatic missions and / or at the new Visa Application Centers of your jurisdiction. For more details click here The documents to be produced are: 1) A valid passport: To be obtained from the local Entry and Exit Bureau. The passport should be valid at least one year and should contain at least 3 empty pages, when applying for the visa. Please provide three copies of your passport (the empty pages don’t need to be copied). Four application forms signed and dated by the applicant (more details). Three copies of your Chinese identity card. A medical certificate (this is valid only 6 months from date of issuance). The specific form(s) (available here) should be signed and stamped by one of the designated hospitals. Two application forms “Demande de carte professionnelle pour étranger” (available here) or “Aanvraag voor beroepskaart voor vreemdelingen” (available here). Your curriculum vitae. Certified copy of your qualification(s). Documents confirming your professional activities e.g. creation of a company (published in the Moniteur Belge / Belgisch Staatsblad) or documents related to the purchase or rental of offices. If applicable, a complete identity, telephone number and address of your associate in Belgium. State the family relationship with him (her) if any.

2) 3) 4)

5) 6) 7) 8)


10) Professional references and letters of recommendation. 11) A letter describing and justifying the professional activity that you wish to exercise in Belgium. 12) A notarized certificate of good conduct together with a translation. This document has to be certified by the Shanghai Municipal Foreign Affairs Bureau or the relevant provincial Foreign Affairs Bureau. It is valid six months only from the date of issue. In case you resided in a foreign country during the latest 5 years, you should moreover submit a certificate issued by the relevant authorities of that foreign country (*). 13) Your plane ticket reservation + 1 copy. 14) Two envelopes with your family name, first name, postcode and address in Chinese and your telephone number. 15) Depending on circumstances, complementary documents may be demanded. Please read also the following recommendations Your visa has been refused? The exact motivation (legal and factual) of the refusal decision and details about how to lodge an appeal against this decision will be sent to you directly Notes: (1) Please leave name card and telephone number. (2) The visa-handling fee: € 180 - to be paid in RMB (more details). Application fee for the professional card: € 140 - to be paid in RMB (more details). (3) All documents have to be produced in one original and Three photocopies. (4) An application file is to be constituted according to instructions from the Belgian Embassy/Consulate General. The Belgian Embassy/Consulate General submits your request of professional card to Federal Public Service Economy, SMEs, Self-employed and Energy and your request of visa to the Alien’s Office of the Belgian Ministry of Interior. Please note that both decisions can take a few months. (*) All notarized certificates shall be authenticated by the relevant provincial Foreign Affairs Bureau before being authenticated by the Belgian Embassy/Consulate General. They should not be older than six months (more details).


For further information, please feel free to contact: Belgian Embassy (86) (10) Beijing or Belgian Consulate General (86) (20) Guangzhou or Belgian Consulate General (86) (21) Shanghai or


To top