City-Building - (also known as the Municipal Building) is located by csgirla


City-Building - (also known as the Municipal Building) is located

More Info
									City Building - (also known as the Municipal Building) is located at 609 Grove, near the water tower. Office hours are Monday-Friday from 8 A.M. to 5 P.M. Closed daily from 12 PM to 1:15 PM. Our phone number is 785-461-5886. Water Bills - Renters and new home owners are required to pay a water deposit of $62 plus a $10 administration fee when moving in. When moving out, the deposit of $62 is applied to the final bill and the difference is refunded with interest. The monthly bill includes water, sewer, and trash. Meters are read on or about the 19th of month and bills are sent out soon after. Payments may be mailed to City of Wakefield, P.O. Box 326, paid at the office during office hours or put in the drop box in front of the City Building anytime. Delinquent Notice—If the water bill is not paid by the 10th, a late charge is added, and a notice is sent (if renting, a copy will also be sent to the landlord). This is due before the day & time specified in the letter or the water will be shut off. There is a $45.00 reconnect fee plus the overdue bill payable in full before water can be turned back on. Extenuating circumstances must be heard by the City Council at the request of the resident. Trash - Pick up is once a week on Monday. Waste Management is our sanitation contractor and they provide carts which will be picked up at curbside. Do not put trash out until the night before at the earliest. Please put trash cans away afterwards. Tree limbs, grass and leaves will not be picked up. Tree Limbs – Tree limbs may be taken west of town on 3rd Street to the City Burn Site which is open for your convenience at all times. Excessive Vegetation - An ordinance is in effect in Wakefield. Excessive vegetation is when the lawn is excessively unsightly in comparison to surrounding inhabited properties and would cause a nuisance. Fence Ordinance, Blight Ordinance, etc. - Building Permits are required for any additions to property. For further information, visit the City Building. Pets - No more than 3 dogs and cats are allowed per residence. Dogs and cats must be registered and licensed annually through the City of Wakefield. Pet licenses are issued at the beginning of the year and are good through the end of the year. Licenses are available at the City Building. Proof of rabies vaccination is required. A leash law is also in effect. City Council – The Council has 5 Members and Mayor. It meets the first Monday of every month at 7:00 pm in the City Building. Meetings are open to the public. The siren blows to start each meeting. Storm Warning – The Siren will blow in one continuous blast until danger has past. It is blown only if a severe thunderstorm which may cause property damage or a tornado (confirmed by officials) is headed for Wakefield. Fire Emergencies – Dial 9 1 1. Wakefield has a volunteer department. Maynord Sherbert is the Fire Chief. Police Emergencies – Dial 9 1 1. Chief of Police is Jeff Doonon. The non-emergency phone number is 461-5444. If no answer, call the Clay County Sheriffs Office at (785) 632-5601. Ambulance Emergencies – Dial 9 1 1.

Local Phone – Twin Valley Telephone 800-515-3311 (digital cable TV & high speed internet also available) Electric – Westar Energy 800-383-1183 Gas – Kansas Gas Service 800-794-4780 Cable – Eagle Communications 877-625-9901 (digital TV & internet available) School – Wakefield School, USD #379 (K-12) 785-461-5437

To top