Document Sample
COUNTRY - DOC Powered By Docstoc
COUNTRY DENMARK NEED OF A SPECIAL CONTRACT? NEED TO BE A STUDENT? You can be granted a residence and work permit if you wish to work in Denmark as an intern for a limited period of time. The work must be part of an educational programme which you have begun or completed in your country of origin. NEED OF A VISA? -EU nationals : No visa needed for the citizens of EU 15 countries but they need to register their residence to the regional state administration (Statsforvaltning). Citizens of one of the following new EU countries (Bulgaria, the Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, and Slovenia) must apply to the Immigration Service for a residence permit. (see below) -non EU national: need to apply for an intern visa and resident permit from country of residence. US nationals do not need a visa if they come for less than 90 days. To know which nationalities need a visa to enter Denmark even for a short period see here See here for details on visa application and rules. The relevant form to fill in is PR3 FRANCE -To intern in France, you need to be enrolled in a higher -EU nationals (except Bulgarians and Romanians): no visa education program (i.e. university) needed but they have to register at their local city council (mairie) if their stay is longer than 3 months. -you need to sign a “Convention de stage” (i.e. internship

contract): special contract between the University, the place of internship and the intern. The aim is to protect young people from being exploited, and therefore sets minimum rules for hiring interns. “Conventions de stage” can be signed with foreign universities, though some organizations might not validate it. Internship agreement in English can be found here or an example from the Sorbonne’s Convention (to be adapted) in English can be found here A “Convention de stage” must contain: 1- The definition of activities done by the intern 2- The beginning and end dates of the internship 3- The working hours and working days of the intern 4- The allowance granted to the intern and the modalities of payment 5- A list of other in-kind payments (lunch, housing, transport, etc..) 6- the social protection of the intern, including protection in case of work accident, and the obligation for the intern to hold a personal insurance policy covering his/her civil liability for the time of the internship 7- The training responsibilities of the intern’s professor and supervisor 8- The modalities of validation of the internship (through a certificate, as part as the diploma…) 9- The modalities of suspensions or cancellation of the internship 10- The modalities of allowing leaves 11- The articles of the hosting organization applicable to the

-Bulgarians and Romanians: need to apply for a residence permit if stay more than 3 months (possibility to apply from France). Bulgarians, see here, Romanians see here -non EU nationals: need to apply for an “internship visa” US nationals: see here Bosnian nationals: see here

intern. GERMANY No special requirements Difference between compulsory and voluntary internships -EU nationals No visa needed but they need to register (see above) Bulgarians and Romanians need to ask for a European work permit “Arbeitserlaubis-EU” at the local job agency, or via internet. See for more info (in German) -non EU nationals Internships that must be completed as part of a university program or school curriculum do not require a separate work permit if a student visa for Germany has already been issued. In other cases, you need to apply for a work permit. US nationals do not need a residence permit for a stay no longer than 90 days and can apply for the work permit while already in Germany. But it can take time. Others have to apply before coming at the German diplomatic mission of their place of residence. For detailed information see here -EU nationals (except Bulgarians and Romanians): no visa needed, but they must register at their local city council if they stay more than three months. -others: except if they reside legally in the Netherlands, they need a work permit. (application done by the traineeship provider) See here - EU nationals During the “transition period” of opening labor markets, citizens of France, Germany, Denmark and the Netherlands need to ask for a work permit in Poland. “This rule is milder in the


- You need to be enrolled in a university to do a traineeship -or apply for residency with the purpose of work experience. To stay in the Netherlands with the purpose of work experience, you must already be in employment in your home country or in your country of residence. -There is no specific law for foreign interns. Therefore, they fall under the general law for employment, which means that an internship is submitted to the same rules as a normal work contract. It implies important administrative

POLAND For further information on

internships and Poland, see here

paperwork, remuneration not lower than minimum wage, case of citizens of Denmark and the Netherlands”. ´The and usually a work permit. application is filled by the employer to a “vovoidship” -other non EU citizens need a work permit See here for more information To do an internship in the US you need to apply for a “J” visa. For further information on the requirements and application procedure, you can see here or check the website of the local US embassy or consulate.


Shared By:
Description: COUNTRY