Margarita Lloveras San Miguel
Vía Versailles 370
Guaynabo, Puerto Rico 00969
Interactive Marketing Strategist & Internet Business Development Professional:
• A proven record of top performance and proven ability to design and deliver diversified, comprehensive and highly successful
online and offline marketing strategies and business initiatives.
• Proven ability to create new startups and demand for new products, identify and target niche markets to rapidly come up to seed
in new environments and consistently delivered outstanding results.
• Full knowledge of all facets of Marketing and Advertising including, the Interactive Marketing business, Public Relations and the
hospitality industry, based on an extremely integrated background involving hands-on experience for online information
companies , ISP provider and online information and entertainment companies, hotels, restaurants, and catering events.
• MBA in Marketing – BA in Arts
Interactive Marketing Strategist Email Marketing Database generation strategist
Business Development Management Strategic Planning / Positioning Hospitality Management
Public Relations Strategist Customer Needs Assessment Conference / Convention Planning
New Market Development Customer Loyalty / Management Government / Agency Relations
Market Launch / Positioning Sales Planning Event Management
Multimedia Advertising Project Management Community Affairs
Media Relations / Scheduling/ Placement Public Speaking Market Research / Market Surveys
Online Marketing / Media Staff Supervision / Motivation Start-up Operations
Vendor / Supplier Negotiations Employee / Customer Communication Special Events
2005 Yahoo! Advertising Sales Representative in Puerto Rico: San Juan, Puerto Rico
• Independent Agent under Punto De Contacto, Inc. Responsible for Yahoo’s startup representation in Puerto Rico and
Internet Advertising Sales locally. Promote Yahoo! for Hispanic Market campaigns develop within Puerto Rico Ad
Agency for the United States. The first appointment that Yahoo makes in Puerto Rico. Responsible for Advertising sales
in Puerto Rico. Able to reach highly established sales quotas in less than six month.
• Punto De Contacto, Inc. Owner, Puerto Rico Interactive Marketing and Media Solutions Company ,Representative of
local online portals, Yahoo!, Endi.com, Microjuris.com among other local sites that generate great traffic. Responsible for
Strategic Business Alliances for my clients within the territory. Full knowledge of Puerto Rico networking environment, full
knowledge of key players within the Ad Agencies and President of the Internet Committee of the Sales and Marketing
Association. Responsible for the Creation of: PUERTO RICO INTERNET FORUM 2006! Expected attendance 300
2001 to America Online, AOL Latin America (Puerto Rico Office) San Juan, Puerto Rico
2005t Interactive Marketing and New Business Development Manager
• An Integral part and senior leader in the AOL PR Startup operation of the Interactive Marketing Department: Developed
and directed AOL PR Interactive Marketing Department since Q4 of 2001.
• Part of the leadership group that achieved breakeven point in the second year of operation, AOL PR has been profitable
• Developed a business plan for the department’s startup operation. Prepared and managed the department’s budget, sales
process, marketing and advertising plan on a yearly basis.
• Identified strategic opportunities for AOL Puerto Rico, new subscribers acquisitions (Bank Clients, Schools, Universities
• Actively worked in Strategic Business Alliances, structured the business concept and negotiated with local organizations,
resulting in the acquisition of more than 2,000 new subscribers in two months.
• Analyzed competitor’s operations and customer behavior trends to recommend marketing strategies.
• Prepared a detailed Interactive marketing sales plan for AOL Puerto Rico, by Industry/ Categories, Automobile, Banking,
Finance, Pharmaceuticals, Retail etc,.
• Launched SIME( Integrated Marketing Strategies & Solutions, An AOL sales process system)
• Develop targeted presentations based upon client’s objectives and fulfillment of specific interactive needs.
• Visited more than 100 corporations and Advertising Agencies, and sold $700k of Online advertising on the second year of
operation, when AOL PR reached breakeven point locally.
• Created Custom Interactive areas, Online Advertising placements, developed online Research and database recollection
systems, online promotions, games, sweepstakes, contest, and email marketing campaigns.
• Negotiated and closed Interactive Marketing and eBusiness deals in PR. Among our customers are Plaza Las Americas
(biggest mall of the Caribbean, Sears PR, Pepsi, Toyota, AMEX, Citibank, Banco Popular de PR. Led and completed over
70 Interactive Marketing and Business development deals worth over $1.3 Million dollars
• Responsible for the customer service of each account until 2003, achieving over 80% of accounts renewals.
2001 to America Online, AOL Latin America (Puerto Rico Office) San Juan, Puerto Rico
present Interactive Marketing and New Business Development Manager
• Elected President of the Internet Committee for the Sales and Marketing Executives Association in PR. Identify local
needs and information needed to increase Internet knowledge and usage of the technology in Puerto Rico.
• Participated as speaker in various SME Conventions and eBusiness Day in San Juan (2 years promoting the internet as
an excellent Marketing and Advertising Medium and as part of an integrated marketing campaign.
• As President of the Internet Committee developed together with a local Research Company an extensive research study
about Online Profile and Consumer Behavior trends on the Island 2005. Also presented to the Advertising Agencies
Association an ongoing program of Educational Seminars based on specific areas of interest, , Public Relations on the
web, Where and How to reach consumers on the web.
1998 to 2001 MICROJURIS.COM de Puerto Rico San Juan, PR
Vice-President of Public Relations
• Develop Public Relations strategies and campaigns ,increase and strengthen customer’s relationship.
• Develop Strategic Business Alliances with four major organizations in Puerto Rico to the latest intelligent legal alert
system technology. The project included developing internal procedures to service the alliances.
• Identified and evaluated a strategic media plan for 2001-2002 which included strategic alliances with radio, TV stations
and printed media to develop a relationship for the intelligent legal alerts systems.
• Began sales of Interactive Advertising on the web site in early 1998. Promoted the Internet as an Advertising Medium and
as part of an integrated marketing campaign. Developed interactive marketing campaigns including Joint Public
Relations efforts) for major corporate companies in Puerto Rico.
1989-1998 MICROJURIS.COM de Puerto Rico San Juan, PR
Sales and Marketing Manager
• Senior leader and active partner of the pre-opening management group for Microjuris.com. Responsibilities included the
creation and organization of the Sales Department, including hiring and training and all sales related activities, such as
prospecting presentations, follow up on sales, closing sales and meeting quotas.
• Supervised sales staff activities, which included preparing reports, data analyses, contacting and visiting clients. Work directly
in the creation of a sales and service intranet system.
• Assembled and supervised the development and execution of microjuris.com marketing and promotional campaigns, including
direct mail and direct e-mail campaigns, promotions at conventions, and public relations efforts, which resulted in online paid
subscription of 7,500 business and law professionals users for the company in Puerto Rico.
• Assisted in the identification of customer needs, collaborated in the development of product planning and development.
Developed microjuris.com customer service strategy for our clients.
1988-1989 Hotel Normandie San Juan, PR
• Integral part of the pre-opening management of the Hotel and participated in the creation of the Sales Office. Responsible for
pre-selling hotel rooms and banquets facilities to Corporate Accounts.
Non-Profit Scholarship Foundation MICROJURIS.COM San Juan, PR
• Developed the foundation as an non-profit organization for microjuris.com, dedicated to the economic support of
exceptionally good college students to enter Law school, thereby contributing to the improvement of the quality
of life for Puerto Rico’s youth.
• President of the Internet Committee 2004-2005, Sales Marketing Executives Assoc. PR Chapter
• President of the Internet Committee 2005-2006, Sales Marketing Executives Assoc. PR Chapter
• Sales and Marketing Executives Associations Member Since 1998
• Internet Society Puerto Rico Chapter Member Since 2001
• Bilingual; fluent in English and Spanish, Beginner in French
• Interests includes equestrian sport, golf, tennis, traveling and reading
• Traveled extensively throughout United States, Europe, Caribbean, South America and Canada
Education INTERAMERICAN UNIVERSITY San Juan, PR
Master’s in Business Administration, May 1988
MBA Marketing Concentration
BOSTON UNIVERSITY Boston, MA
Bachelor in Arts May 1986
BA in Hotel and Restaurant Administration
PLAZA HOTEL INTERSHIP PROGRAM Madrid, Spain
Tourism Industry Sales & Service Training program
TOURISM Convention Participation
ITB 1986 Berlin, Germany
FITUR 1986 Madrid, Spain
Tourism Industry Training program
Speaker and Organizer PUERTO RICO INTERNET FORUM 2006 (Responsible for the conference)
La TECNOLOGIA DIGITAL AL SERVICIO DE LAS RELACIONES PUBLICAS 2005-2006
PUERTO RICO INTERNET STATUS CONFERENCE 2005 (Presidenta Comité Internet)
Online Advertising: Sales and Marketing Association 2001
EBusiness Day: Interactive Marketing Solutions 2002 & 2003
University of Sacred Heart: Women and the technology 2004 & 2005
Panel de Medios Interactivos 2005
Public Relations on the Web 2005
Profile and Consumer Behavior: Puerto Rico Internet Status 2005
Sales and Marketing Power Lunch Speaker 2005
Fully bilingual, (English, Spanish, Beginner French)PC literate: MS Office XP (MS Word, MS
Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook & MS Outlook Express) and Internet.