TEMPORARY ENGLISH TEACHING VACANCIES IN AUSTRALIA
English Language Company is an award-winning English school in the heart of Sydney, Australia. We offer quality language tuition to adult students from over 30
countries. The school is well-equiped and resourced. Our staff are friendly and we have an extensive professional development program which provides support
and extension to both new and experienced teachers.
We frequently have temporary positions available (3-6 months) which are ideal for teachers from the UK, Canada and the USA who are coming to Australia on
working holiday visas.
A working holiday visa to Australia enables you to live and work here for 1 year (or 2 if you complete 3 month’s employment in a rural area). To obtain this you
must be aged 18-30. Go to www.immi.gov.au/visitors/working-holiday/index.htm for details.
Although you are only able to work for the same employer for a maximum of 6 months. ELC has teamed up with several other quality language schools elsewhere
in Australia to whom we can refer you once your contract with ELC has ended. We will also offer you free membership of Work and Travel Company, who will
provide you with a range of essential traveller’s services in Australia.
The EFL industry in Australia has an excellent reputation internationally. The experience you gain here will be highly valued by institutions elsewhere in the world.
Australia is also geographically a great stepping stone to employment in Asia as part of your trip home.
We will offer you: Please note that International airfares are not included but domestic airfares
within Australia will be paid if you are offered employment at one of our sister
• a 12 to 24 - week teaching contract at ELC Sydney
schools in Perth or Byron Bay.
• a professional and fun work environment
• valuable teaching experience and professional development
opportunities • hold a degree and the Cambridge CELTA or Trinity Cert. TESOL.
• further employment possibilities elsewhere in Australia • be a dynamic and enthusiastic teacher
• airport pickup and 7 nights’ accommodation on arrival at base • have excellent interpersonal skills
backpackers, conveniently located next to the college.
www.stayatbase.com/base-backpackers-sydney-hostel/ • hold a valid working holiday visa for Australia
• orientation to living and working in Australia We’d like you to:
• 12 months’ membership of Work and Travel Company, including: have a minimum of 1 years’ experience (but we will consider newly qualified
- Tax file number application lodged and Australian bank account opened teachers)
- Private mailbox at WTC with free mail forwarding service anywhere in Australia Application procedure:
- Free luggage storage for 3 months
Email your resume and cover letter with details of your arrival month to:
- International phone card email@example.com
- Toll-free 24/7 emergency assistance number from anywhere in Australia You may be required to complete a written application task and participate in a
- YHA Card for accommodation and travel discounts all over Australia telephone interview.
- Best price guarantee at Backpackers World Travel all over Australia For full details go to:
- Weekly Australia travel information seminars www.englishlanguagecompany.com and click on recruitment