What happens at death?
1. Only the body dies.
1 Peter 3:4 “the hidden man is incorruptible.”
Daniel 12:2 “going back to dust”
2. Spiritual part of the saved returns to its Creator.
2 Cor. 5:8 “to be absent from the body is to
be present with the Lord.”
3. Unsaved spirits go into hell where there is tornment.
Luke 16:23 “In hell, where he was in torment,
he looked up and saw Abraham
far away, with Lazarus by his side.
Between Death and Resurrection
Paradise With Christ Forever
2 COR 5:8
l iev (CLOUDS)
BODY 1 Th. 4:17
1 Th. 4:16
Life Unbeliever WHITE THRONE
ALL BELIEVERS Body of Beli
Grave ALL UNBELIEVERS Body of Unbelievers
O.T. Luke 16:23
Lake of Fire
WAITING PLACE SPIRITS OF
SHEOL Hades OF TORMENT UNBELIEVERS
All will be resurrected Acts 24:15; John 5:28-29
No General Resurrection
Rev. 20:6 20 Blessed and holy is he who has
(NKJV) part in the first resurrection.
Over such the second death
has no power…..
Image of the Harvest
The 1st Resurrection 2nd Resurrection
The Resurrection of the Righteous The Resurrection of
Stage 1 Stage 2 Stage 3
Firstfruits General Gleanings Great White Throne
Resurrection Resurrection Resurrection of Resurrection of
of Jesus Church-Age Tribulation and the Unrighteous
Saints O. T. Saints all at once
The Church Age The Tribulation The Millennium
Rapture 2nd Coming 15
Ecclesiastes 12:13-14 (NKJV)
13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole
matter: Fear God and keep His command-
ments, for this is man’s whole duty.
14 For God will bring every work into
judgment, including every secret thing,
whether good or evil.
Romans 16. ….God will judge the secrets
2:16 of men by Jesus Christ…..
How many judgments?
1. The Judgment of a Believer’s sins On the cross
2. The Judgment of a Believer’s Walk Our daily life
3. The Judgment of a Believer’s Walk Jacob’s Troubles
4. The Judgment of Gentile Nations Christ’s 2nd Coming
5. The Judgment of Fallen Angels ? End of the world
6. The Judgment Seat of Christ BEMA After the Rapture
7. The Great White Throne Judgment End of Millennium