POT ROAST BEEF
1 3-4 lb. eye of round roast or similar 1 carrot - chopped
3 large cloves of garlic cut in half 1 rib of celery - chopped
black pepper 1 small onion - chopped
salt 1 green bell pepper - chopped
flour for dredging 1 cup of beef broth or bouillon
2 tbs. of vegetable oil 1 cup of dry red wine
1. Stab meat in about 6 places inserting the garlic and filling hole with pepper.
2. Sprinkle meat with salt and dredge in flour.
3. On cook top, heat oil in Dutch oven and brown meat.
4. When the meat is brown, add carrot celery, onion, and bell pepper and continue to cook 5-10
5. Add broth and wine. Bring to a boil.
6. Cover and place in 300 degree preheated oven. Bake for 2 to 3 hours. Turn the meat several
7. Adjust seasoning of gravy if needed. Slice and served with rice.
-- beef, roast, roast beef, pot roast, braised