U-pick, prepicked Brentwood-area cherry-picking beckons
cherry locations Memorial Day weekend is typically the peak of the U-pick
1. Pomeroy Farm cherry-picking season, which stretches into June. But the dry, warm
2. Dwelley Farms winter means the cherry crop likely will be smaller this year and the
season shorter. Many East County growers sell these treats along with
3. Lopez Ranch
other produce at roadside stands, and others invite the public to do
4. Salvador Family Farm the picking themselves. Harvest Time, an association of East Contra
5. Maggiore Cherry Ranch Costa County farmers, each year produces a map showing where
6. Mike’s U-pick visitors can check out farmers’ crops. Here are the cherry growers
7. Tachella Family Farms listed:
8. Maggiore Ranches Prepicked
9. DC’s Extraordinary Cherries 24 U-pick
10. Lon’s Farm Stand (Allard Farm) Oakley Knightsen Both
11. Nunn Better Farms Delta Rd.
15. Bacchini’s Fruit Tree 2
20. Chavez U-pick Cherries 46 33 Fischer Ave.
21. The Farmer’s Daughter Sunset Rd.
Produce and U-pick Farm
Eden Plains Rd.
22. Von Uhlit Ranch Sunnys Way Sellers Ave.
23. Wolfe Ranch
24. The Stand at Knightsen Brentwood Orwood Rd.
26. Seko Ranch Cherries
32. Heritage Family Farm
33. Smith Family Farm 5 Balfour Rd. 38
34. Pease Ranch 26
35. Bloomﬁeld Cherries
36. Papini Family Orchards
35 41 Payne Ave.
7 Concord Ave.
37. Freitas Ranch Cherries 49
38. Berry Best 32 6
40. Laird Ranch 4 43
3 21 47 48 34
41. Chan’s Fruit Stand
Marsh Creek Rd. 37
43. Papini Farms
46. RC U-pick Cherries 9 10 To Discovery Bay,
47. Enos Family Farms Vasco
48. Enos/5 Star Cherries Ca
49. Tachella U-pick Cherries D 8 Byron
Note: The map numbers correspond with the Map lo
online maps and lists at www.harvest4you.com. area J4
Concord 1 mile
There are gaps in the list of growers because this
map depicts only cherry farms.
Source: Harvest Time in Brentwood Tracy BAY AREA NEWS GROUP