Marathon Oil Corporation Acquisistion of Western Oil Sands Inc
The acquisition of Calgary-based Western Oil Sands by Houston's based Marathon Oil Corporation puts an end to the two years long search by Marathon for a canadian partner. The acquisition was done through a cash and securities transaction of approximately $5.8 billion, plus Western's outstanding debt valued at approximately $1.1 billion. Marathon offered $6.9 billion, or about $15.80 per barrel for 436 million barrels of proved bitumen reserves. Through the acquisition of Western Oil Sands, Marathon gains a 20% interest in the Athabasca Oil Sands Project (AOSP) which includes the operating Muskeg river mine and the Scotford upgrade for the diluted bitumen.
• GlobalData viewpoints cover the latest events or important trends in the global oil and gas industry and provide our in-depth analysis of issues and challenges. Viewpoints offer expert opinions and GlobalData’s views of various developments that have been taking place in the oil and gas industry across the world.
Reasons to Buy
• Develop business strategies with the help of specific insights from GlobalData on the key events happening in the oil and gas industry.
• Gain a strong understanding of the energy market and analyze the major trends in the global oil and gas industry today
• Identify opportunities and challenges with the help of our analysis of the latest news and deals in the oil and gas industry
• Increase future revenue and profitability with the help of information on latest operational, financial, and regulatory events
Pages to are hidden for
"Marathon Oil Corporation Acquisistion of Western Oil Sands Inc"Please download to view full document