Is the UK Overemphasizing Offshore Wind
The UK is on the brink of a green energy revolution. The year 2008 is a big year of ecological decision-making for the UK Government, as the country’s EU renewable energy target dates of 2010 and 2020 are fast approaching. In two year's time, the UK has a target to generate 10% of its electricity needs from green sources. In order to achieve these targets, the UK has opted for offshore wind as the potential source. The UK has the largest offshore wind potential worldwide, with relatively shallow waters and a strong wind resource extending far into the North Sea. It has been estimated that UK has over 33% of the total European potential offshore wind resources.
• GlobalData viewpoints cover the latest events or important trends in the alternative energy industry and provide our in-depth analysis of issues and challenges. Viewpoints offer expert opinions and GlobalData’s views of various developments that have been taking place in the alternative energy industry across the world.
Reasons to Buy
• Develop business strategies with the help of specific insights from GlobalData on the key events happening in the alternative energy industry.
• Gain a strong understanding of the energy market and analyze the major trends in the global alternative energy industry today
• Identify opportunities and challenges with the help of our analysis of the latest news and deals in the alternative energy industry
• Increase future revenue and profitability with the help of information on latest operational, financial, and regulatory events
Pages to are hidden for
"Is the UK Overemphasizing Offshore Wind"Please download to view full document