Job Submitter Introduction
July 17th, 2012
Features of Job Submitter
• Support all solvers included in Dynaform
• Support SMP/MPP of LS-DYNA
• Support multi-stage jobs of LS-DYNA
• View the job message
• View the job summary
• Open job result file with eta/POST
• Submit jobs from different groups
• Specify the floating license server of LS-DYNA
• Display the job's submit command
GUI of Job Submitter
Solver Path Toolbar for Jobs Solver Parameters
Job's Submit Command Job List
• Single precision LS-DYNA solver
• Double precision LS-DYNA solver
• Utility Batch solver
• MSTEP solver
• INC solver
ü Allow the user to select the solver path for different jobs.
ü The solver path is specified automatically after installing the Dynaform.
LS-DYNA Control Parameter
LS-DYNA Control Parameter:
• Memory - Specify the memory for LS-DYNA jobs.
• Auto - Allow the LS-DYNA to allocate the memory automatically.
• CPU Number - Specify the CPU number for SMP.
• Pause between Jobs - Specify the pause time between jobs.
• MPP - Define MPP parameters for LS-DYNA.
• Use MPP - Use the settings of MPP.
• Edit Host File - Edit the host list file for MPP.
• Reload Host File - Reload the host list file after the list
file is changed.
• Stop Running - Stop the running jobs to wait for the
user's input. It is like CTROL +C in SMP.
ü The user needs to config the host file with text editor firstly.
ü If a host has 4 cores, write the hostname 4 times in the config file.
Toolbar of Job Submitter
Toolbar of Job Submitter:
Open the result of the selected item with eta/POST. Submit the LS-DYNA job.
Setup the network license server. Submit the LS-DYNA restart job.
Delete the selected item. Submit the MSTEP job.
Delete all of the items.
Move up the selected item.
Move down the selected item.
• Job Name - Display the job's name.
• In Folder - Display the job's path.
• Solver - The selected solver for current job.
• Mstages - Open the multi-stage job dialog box.
• Memory - The specified memory for current job.
• Status - The status of the jobs.
• Message - View the job's message.
• Summary - View the job's summary.
• Iforce - Toggle on/off the interface force option for LS-DYNA job.
• Other Param - Key in the submit option for LS-DYNA job, such as NCPU=4 D=NODUMP.
Job's Submit Command
Job's Submit Command:
• When the user clicks a row in the job list, the program will prompt the user with the submitting command
of the current job.
• For multi-stage jobs, the job command is under the Multiple Stage dialog box.
• For LS-DYNA, the unit of memory is WORD and a WORD equals to 4 bytes.
• Start From - Select the stage as the start job.
ü If the previous stages are terminated normally, the user can start the job
from the next stage.
• Aborted - Job is terminated abnormally.
• Finished - Job is terminated normally.
• Running - Job is running.
• Queued - Job is in the queue.
C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Application Data\ETA\Job Submitter 2012 R1 (XP)
C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\ETA\Job Submitter 2012 R1 (Win7)
• js_init.config - the primary config file of job submitter.
• js_host.txt - config file for MPP.
• js_groups.txt - group info for Job Submitter.
• js.log - log file of Job Submitter.
ü The configure file will be updated after closing the Job Submitter.