A Stroke of Genius
• Work in a well ventilated area
• Wear a safety mask and goggles
• If paint gets in your eyes or mouth, wash out with
lots of water and get medical help
• If using paint thinner, make sure to properly
dispose of the rag, as it is high flammable.
More Chemical Hazards
• Do not leave paint or solvent tins open over
night, especially in areas with poor airflow
• Close tin lids tightly
• Wear gloves if provided
Even More Chemical Hazards
• Never bunch up rags with paint thinner or
other such chemicals, as they could
spontaneously catch fire!
• Do not mix paints and solvents!
• Mark off all areas where pain has spilled and
do not go there until the paint has been
cleaned up or fully dried.
• Only throw away empty paint cans when that
More Physical Hazards
• Make sure all cover sheets are flat on the floor
to avoid tripping people.
• Use cloth cover sheets if possible. Less
slippery than plastic.
General Safety Tips
Always read the
Store paint away from
List of References
• Paint Safety, Available at: http://www.paint-
• Paint Safety Tips, Available at: